Status
Not open for further replies.

darylkeys

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Wrangler TJ Sahara & 2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon!
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate
Vehicle Showcase
Updated. Congrats @JMONEZ, @ericcastillo, @JRV, @leafsfan1970!!! :clap:

We need pics and your signature in the registry please. ;)
My dealer SWEARS I am in transit yet the spreadsheet still shows me that its sitting at Ottawa VDC in Toledo.... Hoping it shows up sooner than expected since tracking isn't correct. Also I was 3 weeks behind on D to D1 tracking as well so who knows. @ParkerS12 any word on yours?
Sponsored

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
My dealer SWEARS I am in transit yet the spreadsheet still shows me that its sitting at Ottawa VDC in Toledo.... Hoping it shows up sooner than expected since tracking isn't correct. Also I was 3 weeks behind on D to D1 tracking as well so who knows. @ParkerS12 any word on yours?
Who knows? Crazy things have happened in this forum:)

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Guess it wasn't in Norfolk after all. Dealer also confirmed this, waiting on a truck 60 miles from my dealer!
Screenshot_20180209-204524.jpg

darylkeys

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Wrangler TJ Sahara & 2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon!
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate
Vehicle Showcase
@JLWF Dealer Guy , any idea what 58-PLMCNTR is, is that Orlando, FL or maybe Plant City, FL?
I can't find that abbreviation anywhere on Google

Sponsored

ParkerS12

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jku Sahara 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
The sheet has me in Walbridge Ohio at a train station.

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Thanks. Heh, she's 5'4". We've never had a Jeep before. Not sure how big the keys normally are, and if it having remote start and remote proximity entry makes a difference in the type of fob, but the fob for this wrangler is bigger than any I've ever seen. Like it would hurt if somebody threw it at you hard enough!
Cause of death, mister coroner? Well Johnny, it appears to be blunt force trauma to the head, via Wrangler JL key fob.

Threxx

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR HT 3.6AT
By the way, despite the fact that I read about an encylopedia's worth of info about the JL already, watched countless reviews and overviews, etc... I never once heard anyone mention that they put an acoustic laminated front windshield into the JL. I was just glancing at the glass a moment ago and noticed it's labeled "acoustic" and I can see an extra layer when looking at the borders. I'm surprised to see them go to the extra cost to reduce wind and rain noise in a vehicle otherwise not known for putting a lot of emphasis on being quiet inside. There are still 'luxury' SUVs on dealer lots today that don't spring for acoustic laminated windshields.

gocats32

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Well I was hoping to get a good ceramic coating on the paint and get my good camera out... heck, even just take some actual pics myself. I've been stuck inside with the flu, though... so these pics taken by my dealer and my wife on her phone will have to do for now. :)

oNSXENl.jpg

My wife taking delivery.

cztkU4c.jpg

Fresh off the truck

xR4FFZg.jpg

TlYWKoo.jpg

First time in the driveway, kids got surprise pickup from school in the cool new jeep.
Just like mine! Looks great, I can’t wait!

Sponsored

LMontes

First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 1994 XJ
Occupation
Business Owner
One-sided? :)
Pretty much.....I have had dreams about my jeep....and before it was shipped I was harassing jeep chat daily! One time, the Jeep chat guy said to me, "didn't you just check a few hours ago".... and I said "yes, yes I did"...ha ha! I knew at that point I had an obsession!

JLUSoCal

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
By the way, despite the fact that I read about an encylopedia's worth of info about the JL already, watched countless reviews and overviews, etc... I never once heard anyone mention that they put an acoustic laminated front windshield into the JL. I was just glancing at the glass a moment ago and noticed it's labeled "acoustic" and I can see an extra layer when looking at the borders. I'm surprised to see them go to the extra cost to reduce wind and rain noise in a vehicle otherwise not known for putting a lot of emphasis on being quiet inside. There are still 'luxury' SUVs on dealer lots today that don't spring for acoustic laminated windshields.
Heard that was part of the Infotainment package but not really documented. Can we assume you have either the infotainment or Alpine option?

It's mentioned here -

Active Noise Control (Cancellation) feature comes to Jeep Wrangler JL

Threxx

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR HT 3.6AT

BoBo

First Name
BoBo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ordered
You guys gonna love this:
Here is the latest update on my Jeep order placed on 12/14/2017 (was my second order so I can include the remote keyless proximity entry option). /Today, mistakenly the dealer sent me my old order's status as TZB, the new order is still in status "I" . I have noticed the old VIN in his status update, that is why I called him/.

Here comes the kicker:
However, the reason why I was stuck in status "I" for 24 days now is, because they have changed the VIN number on me apparently, so @JAY was checking the wrong VIN lately.
The new VON is 90007141, new VIN is 1C4HJXFG9JW170482 entered into the Jeep system as of Feb 1st 2018 (the reason why Jeep chat insisted that they only see Feb 1st as status "I" start for some reason, and declined to update me on my order status lately).
I suspect - best case scenario, without conspiracy theories - , they have found some issues during quality check and have decided to manufacture a new car instead of try to fix it (I approve this decision, BTW, I do not want an already repaired and patched car out of the factory)

So, according to my dealer, the status of the new VON/VIN is JB - Shipped to body vendor.

@JAY, could you please update my VIN in the sheet please to this latest one?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.