First Name
John & Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gecko JLU Freedom, 2020 Punk'n JL Sport S
Occupation
John - US Army Ret/DA Civilian / Holly - Boss of husband
Has anyone been able to mount the Oracle rock light magnets with the screws they provided? Customer service told me if I compressed them enough the provided screws would work. Tried it not so much. I bought longer screws just thought for $9 a magnet the provided screws should work.
Sponsored

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
Has anyone been able to mount the Oracle rock light magnets with the screws they provided? Customer service told me if I compressed them enough the provided screws would work. Tried it not so much. I bought longer screws just thought for $9 a magnet the provided screws should work.
The reason the rock light magnets are a tight fit is because they use cap screws if they were longer then they would bottom out before they were fully tightened. If you want to make them longer you can compress the gasket while it threads, or you could do what you did here and get longer screws.

Hope this helps!

OP
OP
JHTS

JHTS

First Name
John & Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gecko JLU Freedom, 2020 Punk'n JL Sport S
Occupation
John - US Army Ret/DA Civilian / Holly - Boss of husband
I get the cap screws, it makes a nice clean installation. But, the height of the magnets, rubber bumper and light is 3/4 in. The screw is 3/4 in. I compressed the assembly it did not fit. Do you have any pictures of how you got it to work?

Daffydnbugs

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler RUBICON
I had the same problem and had to get longer screws. A bit disappointed after what I paid.
Sponsored