Sponsored

Oracle Colorshift Underbody Rock Light Installation

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
I bought these for my wife's Jeep for Christmas and thought I'd leave some feedback here for anyone else that might be installing them.

1. Make sure you order at least 2 of the 6' extension cables if you plan on mounting these in the wheel wells or towards the rear of the Jeep. (More if you order the 8 light version) I ordered the 4 light version and got by with 1, but ordered an extra one and will end up adding it onto one that I had to take a shortcut with the wire.
  2. I found the included screws to be absolutely useless... You will need to either drill & use a metal-tapping screw with a very small head, or you will need to figure out a way to zip tie the lights to the frame...
  3. Watch YouTube videos online for installation tips since the included instructions are also worthless.
  4. You will need to make some type of mount for the Power Distribution Box, I used a piece of Black ABS plastic and heated/formed it to set above the battery. I utilized two bolts from the fender to secure the ABS in place.

I'll post pictures of the lights when the cable extensions come in and I can get it plugged up and take some pictures.

Link to Lights: https://www.oraclelights.com/products/oracle-colorshift-underbody-rock-light-kit (You can also order from amazon)
Jeep Wrangler JL Oracle Colorshift Underbody Rock Light Installation 8piecerocklightkit_large_copy_1024x1024

Link to Extension Cable: https://www.oraclelights.com/products/extcable
Jeep Wrangler JL Oracle Colorshift Underbody Rock Light Installation ORACLE_4_Pin_ColorSHIFT_6_Extension_Cable_1024x1024

Link to ABS Plastic: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007WTF02/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Jeep Wrangler JL Oracle Colorshift Underbody Rock Light Installation ABS
Sponsored

Daffydnbugs

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler RUBICON
Any pictures of how you mounted the control box?

OP
OP
JSFoster75

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
JSFoster75

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

aham23

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
so you mounted them in front of the tires and not in the wheel wells? think that is what i am going to do. looks good.

OP
OP
JSFoster75

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
so you mounted them in front of the tires and not in the wheel wells? think that is what i am going to do. looks good.
They are in front of the back tires mounted to the frame, and behind the front tires also mounted to the frame. (All with zip ties for now).

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
First of all thanks for the write up. I have been wanting to do this, saw the lux lights but they have been dark and I am scared to spend that coin on a company that doesn't reply. Obviously Oracle is been around.

This looks like the ticket. Fair price, changes colors and the tech looks nice.

Question - can you please post a few pic in the daylight or where and how to actually mounted the lights, just curious?
Sponsored