Online Purchase for Custom Order

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
Might be a dumb question... When working the deal for a custom order, were any of you successful in making the deposit and signing any appropriate paperwork for the order electronically so you didn't have to make a trip to the dealer? Most of the dealers in Florida that give the good discounts are a couple hours out. Trying to avoid a trip there if it can be avoided.
Sponsored

JDJL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 6spd
Same here. Everything was done through email and over the phone. I bought from Lakeland CJDR in Lakeland, FL. They had great prices and they take the Tread Lightly discount. If you haven't already, I'd recommend checking them out.

OP
OP
JimmyZ

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Same here. Everything was done through email and over the phone. I bought from Lakeland CJDR in Lakeland, FL. They had great prices and they take the Tread Lightly discount. If you haven't already, I'd recommend checking them out.
I emailed Mike a couple days ago... just started the communication process. I am probably gonna wait till just after the first of the year anyway but I wanted to have my exact number and build a contact.

Sponsored

JDJL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 6spd
Michael Peralta? He's the salesman I went with too. He's a great guy.

Definitely get the Tread Lightly discount and you'll get a great deal. He beat all the other offers I had - even the one I got through Criswell. Good luck!

OP
OP
JimmyZ

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Definitely get the Tread Lightly discount and you'll get a great deal. He beat all the other offers I had - even the one I got through Criswell. Good luck!
Yes! Everyone has nothing but great things to say about Mike! I'm excited!

OP
OP
JimmyZ

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I spent a good amount of time going back and forth with Mike today. He was nothing but professional and super helpful. Sent me straight forward pricing without any issues. What I greatly appreciated was his lack of pressure sales. Hell, after I told him I was probably going to wait till the first of the year (trying to appease Dave Ramsey and they wife) he told me he'd have my information saved and ready to go. Not even a slight bit of frustration on his part. Can't wait till I can get this order done. Thanks again to Mike and everyone here on the boards for the help!

Odogloco

First Name
Oreste
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
I spent a good amount of time going back and forth with Mike today. He was nothing but professional and super helpful. Sent me straight forward pricing without any issues. What I greatly appreciated was his lack of pressure sales. Hell, after I told him I was probably going to wait till the first of the year (trying to appease Dave Ramsey and they wife) he told me he'd have my information saved and ready to go. Not even a slight bit of frustration on his part. Can't wait till I can get this order done. Thanks again to Mike and everyone here on the boards for the help!
Hello. What % below invoice did you get

OP
OP
JimmyZ

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello. What % below invoice did you get
7% with treadlightly and additional $500 off for working in law enforcement. Have not completed the order yet but have all the purchase information. Will be placing in January. Waiting on taxes to be filed and on their way.

Sponsored

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

I am also days away from placing a custom order for a 2dr Rubicon at a dealer. Figuring I need to call at least three and get an answer on % above/below MSRP. Or do you say invoice? Any advice on the best buying practices when ordering is much appreciated!

mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR
Any advice on the best buying practices when ordering is much appreciated!
There are multiple dealers/brokers on here that will offer significant discounts on orders. Work out what one of those would work out to, after shipping/differences in fees, to get the vehicle to where you're at.

That gives you a baseline for what you'd need a local dealer to do to not be just lighting money on fire.

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Did you call a dealer? I need advice on this, too. Thanks.
I emailed Travis Reynolds at TriCity Jeep in Eden, NC. He gave me a quote for my build, I signed off approving it, his assistant from dealership called for my credit card number to take my deposit, and then I waited for it to show up.
Sponsored