one touch sky top

stormyless

First Name
monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sahara 2020
Is anyone else experiencing issues with the one touch roof? I have a 2020 jeep sahara three weeks old. Build was 1/20. We had it delivered to us and as we drove it from Florida to Tennessee the crosswind noise and this telegraph sound was so loud all the way. The roof actually popped a several times as if it lifted up a bit. The noise remained constant over 70mph. We couldn't decide what was making the noise the top or the windshield? We took it to a local dealership to get steering looked at as well because it was all over the road. They are now replacing the steering box but say they have no fix for this noise but they seem to think it is the top. they have been able to replicate it. I also recorded it. Help! I have had my jeep three weeks and its been in the shop for two of the three.
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome to the forum!

I don’t have the one touch top, but I recall from online reviews that the fabric top does make a noise at speed; it doesn’t provide an air tight seal.

It does keep water out, though. Even through a car wash.

Harrybeerbelly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tackhawk
Just drove from Ohio to Georgia at 80-85 MPH. All I experienced was IMO normal wind noise. I could easily have a conversation with my passenger. Only reason I say this is it is possible to have a good sealing top. I also ran it through a car wash with no problems.

Maybe go to the dealership and drive another sky top at speed and compare.

VABarn

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ5, 2020 JLURD
Traveled to and from Myrtle Beach, SC and Northern Virginia, and I was able to listen to an audio book with no issues on wind noise.

scottijohn63

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Corvette Z06 Convertible
My SOT does not make excessive noise. No passenger has ever complained or mentioned any wind noise. I'm not saying it's quiet, but this is a JEEP!

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Watch minute 4:20 through 5:10

TxJeep69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 IH Scout, a few others
In rare cases where there is turbulence (like I am behind an 18 wheeler), the top will pop a bit. This is not common, but does happen. I have no complaints with my SOT top and have had it over a year.
Sponsored