Sponsored

OME or RK

Jshwon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Crystal JL Rubicon
Looking at these two kits for my JL Rubicon. Haven't seen much feedback here on OME although they have been around for some time. There's a lot of love for Rock Krawler for good reason it seems.

I'm considering the Old Man Emu HD 2.5-3.5" system with BP-51's. I like the idea they are intended to carry weight which will be the case for me once I have armor, tent etc loaded on. Also the rebound and compression adjustment of the BP-51's seem great. OME/ARB seem to have quality parts and service.

For Rock Krawler it would likely be the 2.5" Stage 1 X-factor. The question would be shocks. I'd like adjustable shocks so once I add those I'll probably be at the same price of the OME kit (https://www.cjponyparts.com/old-man...CFjPc-4h9p-LO6SdJHWDGMauKvqMVfUsaAsiXEALw_wcB)

I like the idea of a kit that all components were built for each other so leaning OME. Anyone running this on their JL?
Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Looking at these two kits for my JL Rubicon. Haven't seen much feedback here on OME although they have been around for some time. There's a lot of love for Rock Krawler for good reason it seems.

I'm considering the Old Man Emu HD 2.5-3.5" system with BP-51's. I like the idea they are intended to carry weight which will be the case for me once I have armor, tent etc loaded on. Also the rebound and compression adjustment of the BP-51's seem great. OME/ARB seem to have quality parts and service.

For Rock Krawler it would likely be the 2.5" Stage 1 X-factor. The question would be shocks. I'd like adjustable shocks so once I add those I'll probably be at the same price of the OME kit (https://www.cjponyparts.com/old-man...CFjPc-4h9p-LO6SdJHWDGMauKvqMVfUsaAsiXEALw_wcB)

I like the idea of a kit that all components were built for each other so leaning OME. Anyone running this on their JL?
OME stuff is not bad, it is just a premium price compared to other market offerings. You can't go wrong with Fox shocks and RK or RJ arms and it will cost you less overall.

OP
OP

Jshwon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OME stuff is not bad, it is just a premium price compared to other market offerings. You can't go wrong with Fox shocks and RK or RJ arms and it will cost you less overall.
That's true. Guess I'm comparing having adjustable shocks with the setup. Figure once you add adjustable shocks (Fox, Teraflex) you'll be at about the same or close dollar amount.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
That's true. Guess I'm comparing having adjustable shocks with the setup. Figure once you add adjustable shocks (Fox, Teraflex) you'll be at about the same or close dollar amount.
Yes, but will have better overall components......

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jshwon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
RK components are that much better than what you get in this kit?
https://www.quadratec.com/p/old-man...r-jl-unlimited/bp-51-heavy-duty-omejl4dbp51hk

I have no preference yet just don't think I’d be saving that much money with an x-factor with similar shocks vs the OME kit. So only difference would be quality and service. If RK is that much better I’ll lean that way.
Take a look at the control arms in the OME kit versus RK or others. It is quite significant you are getting much more with the RK.

Another budget option is the Rancho kit with the RS9000 shocks. Decent kit and under $800. With the extra $$$ you can get some track bars to complete the lift.

OP
OP

Jshwon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Take a look at the control arms in the OME kit versus RK or others. It is quite significant you are getting much more with the RK.

Another budget option is the Rancho kit with the RS9000 shocks. Decent kit and under $800. With the extra $$$ you can get some track bars to complete the lift.
Noted. So will an X-factor be fine with just some Fox 2.0 shocks and handle the weight of armor, tent etc well? That’s one thing I want to be sure of along with proper geometry correction included with the kit.
https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...4-rock-krawler-2-5in-x-factor-system-lift-kit

Was only really considering RK, Teraflex, OME or MC

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
RK components are that much better than what you get in this kit?
https://www.quadratec.com/p/old-man...r-jl-unlimited/bp-51-heavy-duty-omejl4dbp51hk

I have no preference yet just don't think I’d be saving that much money with an x-factor with similar shocks vs the OME kit. So only difference would be quality and service. If RK is that much better I’ll lean that way.
Yes. If you get the x-factor you get all 8 control arms. The RK arms and track bars are lifetime warranty. Once you've held a RK control arm in your hands you'll understand.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Yes. If you get the x-factor you get all 8 control arms. The RK arms and track bars are lifetime warranty. Once you've held a RK control arm in your hands you'll understand.
Built in NY for your jeep, or self defense, your choice :)

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jshwon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For RK and shock options how well do the Falcon 3.3's pair with the springs? Or other adjustable shocks besides these?

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I won't give Terraflex a dime of my money. Call Accutune. Get adjustable Fox shocks tuned specifically to your rig.
Teraflex makes a couple interesting things but it's all built in China. That really irks me as they portray themselves to be a US company but when you dig into it that's not all manufacturing.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Teraflex makes a couple interesting things but it's all built in China. That really irks me as they portray themselves to be a US company but when you dig into it that's not all manufacturing.
They got greedy years ago. Quality went down as prices continue to climb.
Sponsored