TyRoosevelt

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep JL
Hello everyone,

I am upgrading shocks and I am trying to decide between Old Man Emu and Bilstein 5100. Anyone have any experience with either of these shocks? How are they for daily driving versus offroad?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Sponsored

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
I liked the OME on my JK.

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
There is a thread earlier where we talked ranges of the 5100, I ended up ordering fox 2.5

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
I haven't really heard of them before. If you had to compare them to a better known shock, what would you compare them to?
Old Man Emu has been around for decades making aftermarket suspension systems for a variety of vehicles. They have a strong following worldwide based on quality workmanship, ride, etc. ARB owns them. I ran their shocks on my first Jeep, a TJ, back in 2000 and again on a couple different JKs along with their springs. Good stuff. They sit right up there on the top shelf with the more popular Jeep only brands you might know.
Edit, almost forgot, guess who originally sold their kits with OME shocks as a less expensive option to their six packs? I've give you a hint. They are one of the more popular brands in these forums.
Sponsored