First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR 2019 JLUR
Occupation
Railroad conductor
I was up your way in Lorain last week. I'll have to look you up next time I'm in the area.
For sure. Still waiting on my rubicon order to get here. But looking forward to being more involved in the Jeep community
Sponsored

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
Just got my first Jeep a few days ago, still learning the ropes.

Located in Eaton Township (Columbia Station area). Work in the Parma area so I’m pretty close to a lot of you.
Looking forward to spring so I can pop the tops.
Anyone here ever built a lift for the hard tops ? Sure could use some pointers before spring.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Yup. I bought an electric hoist from Harbor Freight, then made a frame out of a few boards and a pipe for less than most commercial lifts cost that require you to manually crank it up. I'd also recommend a Topsy kit, which puts hoist locations on the rear window hinges.
With the electric hoist (the most expensive part), Topsy kit and supplies for the platform, I've got a bit under $200 into it. I can have the top off in probably 5 minutes or less and the only effort is unbolting it.

hoist-and-topsy-6-jpg.jpg

20180926_182835-jpg.jpg

Anyway, there's a really good thread on hoist ideas. My post is #229, where I give the specifics on the build/cost. But if you want to check out the entire thread for ideas, here's a link Hoist Ideas

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Picked up my GreyFox on 28 December. Had the windows tinted, rust proofing and undercoating, fabric and paint protection/sealant, and side steps installed. Got decals being made, but waiting for nicer weather.

IMG_20190112_123315119.jpg

turk

First Name
Turk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR BW
Occupation
Industrial HVAC Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone make the trek up north to Jeep the Mac? We’re thinking about trying it this year too, just not looking forward to a 8 hour drive.

Hope to meet up with other JL forum members at Jeep the MAC 2019! Look for the JL forums banner in St ignace during staging. Would be nice to do the bridge crossing and parade as one group. PM me if you are going and we will arrange a group meet up

Sponsored

vhfan5150

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright White JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Hope to meet up with other JL forum members at Jeep the MAC 2019! Look for the JL forums banner in St ignace during staging. Would be nice to do the bridge crossing and parade as one group. PM me if you are going and we will arrange a group meet up
We are registered and have a room booked! There's another forum member going and we're trying to get yet another fella going up too.

Silent Panda

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Cincinnati checking in...I have a build thread and some pics from EJS this year up. Always looking for more trails, more people to ride with and share ideas with.

Mikeg5513

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara North Edition
Hi all. Cleveland area here. Not my first Jeep, but my first Wrangler. I picked it up in June.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MikeJLURubi

MikeJLURubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Medicolegal Death Investigator
Hi all. Cleveland area here. Not my first Jeep, but my first Wrangler. I picked it up in June.
I'm sure you will love being in a Wrangler. I've had Jeeps since 1988, Wranglers since 2013.

Bad324

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Sport
Right between Cleveland and Akron for me! This is my first Jeep and 3 months in might be most fun vehicle I've had.

Deleted member 43521

i live between Lancaster and Lithopolis. After getting my 2020 JLU as retirement. Wife loved it so much we drove to Kentucky to get her a 2020 JLU( only place that had the Bikini Pearlcoat w/options she wanted). This is my first new Jeep. I drove a 97 TJ till this one.

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force
i live between Lancaster and Lithopolis. After getting my 2020 JLU as retirement. Wife loved it so much we drove to Kentucky to get her a 2020 JLU( only place that had the Bikini Pearlcoat w/options she wanted). This is my first new Jeep. I drove a 97 TJ till this one.
That's a heck of a drive to get a new jeep. But you gotta get what you want.
Sponsored