Official Denver Area Group

efitzger

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Anyone interested in setting up a Denver/ Front Range 4x4 group for some spring/ summer wheeling in 2019? This would be a non-formal thing where we organize a group of guys/gals with solid rigs to take a day/ weekend trip and hit some epic trails. No member dues/ etc. - none of that nonsense.

I'm building my JLUR right now - should be ready to go in about a month or so. Looking for some locals interested in setting up some wheeling trips in 2019. Everything from mild to moderate/challenging. I do a mountain biking trip every spring in Moab, so I'll be wheeling there as well.

Just a shout out to see if anyone is interested in setting up a front range group for some wheeling (and yes, I know some already exist - this would simply be an informal but organized group for fun).

Cheers!
Sponsored

OP
OP
efitzger

efitzger

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Hey! Where in CO are you? I'm open to most any wheeling from just exploring fire roads/ scenic drives to rock crawling. Just looking to get some like-minded people together for good times on the trails.

Keep me posted. I won’t be doing anything nuts but would be excited to meet other JL owners in CO to learn from.

Good idea.

Geos7812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Hey! Where in CO are you? I'm open to most any wheeling from just exploring fire roads/ scenic drives to rock crawling. Just looking to get some like-minded people together for good times on the trails.
Northwest Metro for me. You?

OP
OP
efitzger

efitzger

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon

Sponsored

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite JLUR; 2015 BMW R1200GS
I am down in the Springs. I don't get much free time, but sounds like a great idea. I am waiting on parts releases (AEV lift) before growing my JLUR. Not really interested in ultra hard core stuff, did Chinaman's Gulch in Dec, which is about the limit of what I am willing to navigate, at least until I get the suspension and tires taken care of. Although we did it with no real issues, mostly cosmetic scrapes and such, my Jeep is a daily driver, so trying to keep it in relatively good condition.

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
I’d be interested, but I have friends with built Grand Cherokees and other makes that might join any rides I might take.

OP
OP
efitzger

efitzger

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I am down in the Springs. I don't get much free time, but sounds like a great idea. I am waiting on parts releases (AEV lift) before growing my JLUR. Not really interested in ultra hard core stuff, did Chinaman's Gulch in Dec, which is about the limit of what I am willing to navigate, at least until I get the suspension and tires taken care of. Although we did it with no real issues, mostly cosmetic scrapes and such, my Jeep is a daily driver, so trying to keep it in relatively good condition.
Mines a DD as well, and while I'm OK wheeling it hard I know I've got to be able to get to work on Mon morning as well. Are you just looking to spec out the AEV and see how it stacks up or is there a particular feature of their setup you're looking for?
I've only done moderate trails in my JKU Hard Rock (lots of the passes in CO, etc.) but looking to push the JLU a little harder and hit Moab and eventually Rubicon. That being said, I'm totally game for any and all wheeling trips as long as everyone is there to have a good time.

OP
OP
efitzger

efitzger

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I’d be interested, but I have friends with built Grand Cherokees and other makes that might join any rides I might take.
The more the merrier. Always good to have a solid group for both fun factor and trail knowledge/ fixes/ etc.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I'm game to meet up and trail a bit. My free time is limited as well, but I'd love to get out when I can.

Sponsored

OP
OP
efitzger

efitzger

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
What's everyone's favorite way to stay in touch? On Wranglerforum? We could set up a google group or something similar as well.

OP
OP
efitzger

efitzger

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I'm game to meet up and trail a bit. My free time is limited as well, but I'd love to get out when I can.
You're right down the road from me; are you near downtown golden or more in foothills?

clobato

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR 392
I wouldn’t mind getting into the mix as well. I’m in Arvada near hwy 93 and hwy 72.

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mines a DD as well, and while I'm OK wheeling it hard I know I've got to be able to get to work on Mon morning as well. Are you just looking to spec out the AEV and see how it stacks up or is there a particular feature of their setup you're looking for?
I've only done moderate trails in my JKU Hard Rock (lots of the passes in CO, etc.) but looking to push the JLU a little harder and hit Moab and eventually Rubicon. That being said, I'm totally game for any and all wheeling trips as long as everyone is there to have a good time.
Well, the main reason I am waiting on the AEV is more or less a quality issue. I wanted to wait until the market settled down a bit as well. I ran an AEV Dual Sport 2.5 on my JKUR, and liked it quite a bit. I am sure that I could piece together a system with progressive springs, shocks etc. but I am going to let the experts take care of that. And I want the dealer to install it so I do not void a warranty. I am not planning on running 37s as of now, so 35s and a 2.5 should be able to handle anything I would want to do with it.

That being said, I am not opposed to pushing it, that is what it was designed to do, so no big deal.

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am on here almost every day, reading etc. So that is likely the best way to get ahold of me..
Sponsored