Sponsored

ivo

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLU
I have a look trying stick with an option without lights would be great.

Civil_Willy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Willys
Just wondering how far out this will need to be from the body to account for the swing of the door. Unless this is purely a doors off solution.

I think this is an interesting idea for sure, just have to see how it would be implemented.

OP
OP
Oracle_Designs

Oracle_Designs

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oracledesignlab.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
We are still gauging the user base to see if there is a public intrest in the product idea. To be transparent, the development phase would take away a large amount of time and resources from other projects that we have currently planned.

Sponsored

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I think if this thread was titled differently or structured in a way to say "OEM Power Mirror Relocation" and as a BONUS you get lights on the mirrors the interest level would increase. That is the marketing direction you should focus on IMO. Yes, you are a lighting company. But if you are solving a more well known problem?

Taanto

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Wrangler
I think if this thread was titled differently or structured in a way to say "OEM Power Mirror Relocation" and as a BONUS you get lights on the mirrors the interest level would increase. That is the marketing direction you should focus on IMO. Yes, you are a lighting company. But if you are solving a more well known problem?
yep

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I'm somewhat, kinda, sorta, possibly interested. I'd consider them if they played nicely with the mounts I use. I have (and absolutely love) the @Diode Dynamics cowl mounts and I ain't giving 'em up. The design allows me to arrange cubes to see where these guys tend to hang out/run out. I live in an area heavily populated by deer & other assorted critters and nighttime driving is typically similar to a game of Frogger.

In the sketch, the rear-angled design would seem as though there wouldn't be any interference.

I wouldn't have interest in off-road lights on the mirror. Like other owners, that base is covered. I'd have more interest if there were a mirror-only option, or a turn-signal option as opposed to a light.

I have no problems with the Lange Coyote mirrors. If I wrecked one on a trail, a pair is inexpensive and simple to replace. If one of these concept mirrors were damaged, would single units be available, or only sold in pairs?

Jeep Wrangler JL OEM Mirror Relocation cowl

OP
OP
Oracle_Designs

Oracle_Designs

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oracledesignlab.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I'm somewhat, kinda, sorta, possibly interested. I'd consider them if they played nicely with the mounts I use. I have (and absolutely love) the @Diode Dynamics cowl mounts and I ain't giving 'em up. The design allows me to arrange cubes to see where these guys tend to hang out/run out. I live in an area heavily populated by deer & other assorted critters and nighttime driving is typically similar to a game of Frogger.

In the sketch, the rear-angled design would seem as though there wouldn't be any interference.

I wouldn't have interest in off-road lights on the mirror. Like other owners, that base is covered. I'd have more interest if there were a mirror-only option, or a turn-signal option as opposed to a light.

I have no problems with the Lange Coyote mirrors. If I wrecked one on a trail, a pair is inexpensive and simple to replace. If one of these concept mirrors were damaged, would single units be available, or only sold in pairs?

cowl.jpg
Agreed. Really there are two separate components that we want to develop. The mirror arm and the mirror upgrade with enhanced lighting functions. Both will have to be designed with different functions in mind.

We currently have a full product development queue for Q3. However, we have confirmed that this project will be a point of focus in Q4.

Otherwise we really do appreciate the continued feedback from the community! @melendez69, I do like the idea of the arm working in conjunction with other parts and we will take that into consideration. As for now, the more input the better, as these suggestions will help influence the future design.

SurfJeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Willys
I had been trying to plan something similar with a local fabricator, but we didn’t have the budget to really move the needle on the project.

I wanted the power to stay on to the mirrors when the doors were off. Adjusting the passenger mirror manually always seems to be a pain it the rear, and why does it always seem to get bumped shortly after finding the spot?! This made wiring a challenge. Then we realized that the mirror controls are on the doors we would be taking off... that was pretty much the end of our discussions.

If you guys can come up with an elegant solution I would be very interested - even if it is not powered when the doors come off. I might complain a bit about buying it rather than selling it though... 😃

Sponsored

MikelMD

First Name
Mikel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLU
Occupation
Principal Sales Engineer, Public Sector
I the JK version of the mirror relocation was fraught with issues, specifically, the passenger mirror. I would be interested in leveraging in what we have and simply adding to the function. meaning, if it is possible, reuse the existing mirrors, add an extension or replace the base. Create the cowl attachment and the plug for the hard doors. I think the simpler, the better. my two cents.
Sponsored