OEM LED vs Oracle Oculus

Don Gilmer

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Would these be direct plug-n-play with jeeps that have halogen headlights?
Sponsored

algoo31

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Would these be direct plug-n-play with jeeps that have halogen headlights?
Pretty straight forward on the install. The only thing different that I did was use the fuse for heated seats. Since I dont plan on ever having heated seats.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
I believe the squiggly line aka "step" has to do with the light direction/height toward oncoming traffic - I think ideally (when aimed properly) there should be one "step" in the middle
This is exactly why. They use a very good quality projector with a properly set cutoff shield. If you have noticed any of the luxury brand HID lights are the same, if a little bit less focused even. When properly adjusted the passenger side of the cutoff should line up for both beams. This will give you a single step that lowers the output just a little bit to avoid blinding oncoming traffic.

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturing
Good to know. I was going to start messing with all the screws till I either broke it or fixed it..

IMG_20191116_163351.jpg
I love the lights but have to admit , that squiggly line bugs me just a little. Maybe Oracle could chime in here and explain why it is like that. Just ordered the fog bulbs. Did the drl and turn bulbs already.
I believe the squiggly line aka "step" has to do with the light direction/height toward oncoming traffic - I think ideally (when aimed properly) there should be one "step" in the middle
This is exactly why. They use a very good quality projector with a properly set cutoff shield. If you have noticed any of the luxury brand HID lights are the same, if a little bit less focused even. When properly adjusted the passenger side of the cutoff should line up for both beams. This will give you a single step that lowers the output just a little bit to avoid blinding oncoming traffic.
Hi all, we just joined as a forum sponsor so excited to see this discussion going...always appreciate an opportunity to provide more info!

You are all correct about the step line! Light focus is very important for not only driver safety but others on the road who can potentially have their vision obstructed by glare. The step line for left-hand driving countries is lower on the left, higher on the right so your lights don't blind oncoming traffic. The Oculus headlights have a very sharp cut-off line and focus light with precision specifically to avoid such issues (and this sharp cutoff makes the step more obvious on a wall test!) You should adjust them slightly so there is that step; you can see what I mean in the photo below. Feel free to give our support staff a call if you have more questions or want a technician's assistance with aim!

wall_test_2_1024x1024.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for joining the forum! Love my oracle lights!

OP
OP

monkey6

First Name
Korie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS 2.0T, 2021 JTM
Thanks for the reply Oracle. Any chance you guys will have any upcoming black Friday sales you could tip us off to? Have a few things I want to order!

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Thanks for the reply Oracle. Any chance you guys will have any upcoming black Friday sales you could tip us off to? Have a few things I want to order!
Wo do have some sales coming up! We haven't announced them yet...but maybe I can give you just a little hint ;)

Next week, we will have a pre-Black Friday sale from Monday-Thursday (Nov 25-28)! Then, our Black Friday-Cyber Monday sale from Friday to Monday (Nov 29-Dec 2)...it rhymes with schmefteen percent off and free schmipping. Something to the tune of...our biggest discount of the year :LOL:

We make an announcement on our forum, and you can always sign up for our email list to get notified of promotions too!

DavidCJ

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
You have my schm-atention :clap:

Wo do have some sales coming up! We haven't announced them yet...but maybe I can give you just a little hint ;)

Next week, we will have a pre-Black Friday sale from Monday-Thursday (Nov 25-28)! Then, our Black Friday-Cyber Monday sale from Friday to Monday (Nov 29-Dec 2)...it rhymes with schmefteen percent off and free schmipping. Something to the tune of...our biggest discount of the year :LOL:

We make an announcement on our forum, and you can always sign up for our email list to get notified of promotions too!

Last edited:

Sponsored

trail_runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Subaru Forester XT Touring, 2019 Granite Crystal Metallic JLUR

I have OEM LEDs on my Rubicon.....Question: are the Oracle lights "heated" so as to prevent ice/snow buildup during heavy winters?

Deleted member 35398

I have OEM LEDs on my Rubicon.....Question: are the Oracle lights "heated" so as to prevent ice/snow buildup during heavy winters?
There are a few other threads on this. Doesn't make a bit of difference which lights you have, snow's going to build up. It has more to do with the design of the Jeep's front end and light wells, than it does with the amount of heat coming off of the lights. Absolutely no IR heat coming off of a LED however, so maybe it's worse than halogens.

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Morris 4x4 center is offering 15% off and free shipping NOW on oculus headlights

https://www.morris4x4center.com/oracle-oculus-bi-led-projector-headlights-pair.html
Their sale actually excludes the Oculus, just an FYI! Our comparable BFCM sale will start on Friday, or you can grab them during our pre-BF sale now.

Thanks for your question! The Oculus are not heated; the high performance LEDs use thermal regulation methods to sustain low LED temperatures with remote mounted heat sinks and an internal fan.

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation