First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
Well, I'm not a fast food person, but I have no problem with my Venti Vanilla Bean, extra whipped cream, 5 pumps of caramel, and caramel drizzle inside the cup and on top of the whipped cream:like: Damn it:( now I need one :giggle:
Yuck. I roast my beans once a week, and grind them fresh every morning.
No coffee milkshakes for me.
Just fresh, hot, unadulterated COFFEE!
Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Yuck. I roast my beans once a week, and grind them fresh every morning.
No coffee milkshakes for me.
Just fresh, hot, unadulterated COFFEE!
That sounds amazing. I’ve toyed with the idea of roasting my own beans.

“Coffee milkshakes” cracked me up. I get really aggravated when I’m stuck in line (to get my black coffee that takes all of 2 seconds to pour) so that the whackos in front of me can recite the recipes for their ridiculous concoctions. “Half caf, half soy, two pumps, blah, blah, blah, in a venti double cup filled half way.” WTF? How do they come up with that shit?

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well if you are keeping track....

The USA Has Won the Most Medals
rank Team Total
1 United States 2,520
2 Soviet Union # 1122
3 Germany * 937
4 Great Britain 847

Just saying that we get a bad rap, but we also have the finest athletes in the world.
I’ll just leave this here.

upload_2019-6-12_17-51-4.jpeg

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Dog Feeder
That sounds amazing. I’ve toyed with the idea of roasting my own beans.

“Coffee milkshakes” cracked me up. I get really aggravated when I’m stuck in line (to get my black coffee that takes all of 2 seconds to pour) so that the whackos in front of me can recite the recipes for their ridiculous concoctions. “Half caf, half soy, two pumps, blah, blah, blah, in a venti double cup filled half way.” WTF? How do they come up with that shit?

The coffee cognoscenti of my acquaintance say “Green beans stay fresh for 1-2 years, roasted beans for a week, and ground beans for 20 minutes.”

You will get benefits in that reverse order. Grinding daily produces huge benefits. Buying freshly roasted beans helps too, but less dramatically so.
Buying green beans is the ticket. Only $6/#, and they stay fresh virtually forever.
Don’t need to make a big production of roasting, either.
I just use a dedicated cast iron skillet on the stove. Some use electric popcorn poppers.
If you appreciate good coffee (not gooey $8 coffee milkshakes), I heartily recommend it. 10 minutes once per week, and 10 seconds every morning.
And 1/3 the price of Starbucks stale beans at the grocery store.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
What are you people crazy? Wendy’s fries are absolutely delicious. Probably the best fries.
And get a Frosty to dunk your fries in! If you're thinking "YUCK!" then you obviously have never tried it.

Sponsored

Will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Alright, I don't have my JLR yet still being built. Co-worker asked me if the cup holders hold a Wendy's size medium. lol I guess this is a priority to him when buying a new vehicle. Can anyone confirm this.:facepalm:
Your co-worker will be happy to know that a Wendy’s medium cup fits, and all the way in at that.

1D80EB56-8812-4E57-B90F-F1365BBB2005.jpeg

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The coffee cognoscenti of my acquaintance say “Green beans stay fresh for 1-2 years, roasted beans for a week, and ground beans for 20 minutes.”

You will get benefits in that reverse order. Grinding daily produces huge benefits. Buying freshly roasted beans helps too, but less dramatically so.
Buying green beans is the ticket. Only $6/#, and they stay fresh virtually forever.
Don’t need to make a big production of roasting, either.
I just use a dedicated cast iron skillet on the stove. Some use electric popcorn poppers.
If you appreciate good coffee (not gooey $8 coffee milkshakes), I heartily recommend it. 10 minutes once per week, and 10 seconds every morning.
And 1/3 the price of Starbucks stale beans at the grocery store.
I’m convinced. Gonna try this. I already grind my own beans and use a French press, so this is just one extra step. Any recommendations on where to buy beans?

Sponsored

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Dog Feeder
I’m convinced. Gonna try this. I already grind my own beans and use a French press, so this is just one extra step. Any recommendations on where to buy beans?
I just buy mine on Amazon. I like a dark roast, and the connoisseurs say the bean matters less in a dark roast. I’ve tried a few different ones, and frankly can’t tell the difference between various beans.

Edit: I need to say over and over “So far”.
I’m just a step or two ahead of you in this. Still learning with every roast.

Last edited:

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Dog Feeder
I’ll just leave this here.

upload_2019-6-12_17-51-4.jpeg
Not sure what your point is, but I’m saying that’s one fine-looking American woman right there.

I hope that was your point!