No Jeep waves here :(

graytag

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 4xe, Sold-3 TJs, 1 YJ
New owners not knowing the hierarchy of the wave and paying respect to the older generation wranglers that have been denting their fenders and oils pans on boulders long before the JL was even envisioned caters to no one waving.
Or just jackasses like me that forget they aren't in their YJ(now a 4xe of all things) and wait for others to initiate out of respect only to realize I'm a total sell-out driving a 4 door(gasp).
Sponsored

Ang1Sgt

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys 2 door, 2020 Subaru Outback,
Occupation
Retired X2
Vehicle Showcase
With respect, this is frequently mentioned on the forum as a recent development, and it simply isn't true.

The YJ, TJ and particularly the JK/JKU generations individually served to bring additional first-time owners into the Jeep tent. From personal experience, dating back to the CJ/YJ transition (and my own purchase of a new YJ), the issue of new owners and the Jeep Wave has been an enduring topic of discussion for decades now. It has just shifted from in-person to online.

:beer:
I understand that James. Nothing lost here. But it just seems a little different from my earlier days and even up through my JK.

Just something I noticed, that is all. My training as a Class A Driver was intense both in the Military (a tractor trailer load of Weapons) to my times as a Fuel Tanker Driver As a Civilian. Both jobs required the utmost attention to everything going around you.

The family just all met up in the Outer Banks for a long weekend and driving from NY State to North Carolina was just crazy. At my age I tend to break it up because I just can not travel 11-12 hours straight anymore. So we spent the night in Norfolk at Langley AFB in their Guest quarters, and then the next day hit up the Commissary and BX before driving an easy next day.

It was not so good for my son’s best friend and his family. Their rig was totaled on I-95. Thankfully none of them were injured, but it’s not the way to start one’s vacation.

cander58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
The wave is a little ridiculous. It's the same as the country road wave. Then there's the motorcycle wave, the dually wave, the corvette wave... we don't all need a wave it's just a vehicle.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
The wave is a little ridiculous. It's the same as the country road wave. Then there's the motorcycle wave, the dually wave, the corvette wave... we don't all need a wave it's just a vehicle.
Interesting.

I'm well-acclimated with the motorcycle wave, but as for the others -- country road, dually, Corvette -- I've never heard of them.

Granted, I never owned a dually pickup or a Corvette, but a plurality of my driving and riding is on rural lanes, as this photo taken just yesterday illustrates. On that point, I've never given or received a wave based on locale.

Jeep Wrangler JL No Jeep waves here :( 1692652163252

ParadigmDawg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon X, 2023 Rubicon 392
Clubs

This is roughly the 30th thread on Jeep Waving. Is that really what floats your boat? Ford owners don't wave at Ford owners, Chevy owners don't wave a Chevy owners and yet they somehow don't have mental breakdowns but Wrangler owners do!

Here you go: Don't wave anymore and when someone actually waves at you it will exceed your expectation and make you feel wonderful.
Grab you a TRX, we not only wave at each other, we pull over, introduce ourselves and talk about how awesome our trucks are.

With the new Jeep, I would say we are at 80% wave back ratio but we are pretty friendly in Texas. If someone doesn't wave back, they are likely CA transplants.

Jeep Wrangler JL No Jeep waves here :( 20230717_181640
Sponsored