StinGrayRXR

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR Sting Gray - Ordered 2/10/22
Clubs

Not a fan of ducking. Thinking about getting a personalized license plate that says “DUCKOFF”…
Sponsored

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
I fly my ducks proudly, and give no ducks what others think. And yeah, it's stock.
Jeep Wrangler JL No ducks given Duck

Sponsored

ArcadeTracks

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Rubicon. 2dr Soft Top. 2.0L Turbo, Auto, Stock
Not a fan of ducking. Thinking about getting a personalized license plate that says “DUCKOFF”…
I'm curious as to why some people are so vehemently opposed to the activity. I completely understand not wanting to participate, thinking it's dumb, etc. I just don't understand the hate...
Is it because they don't want people touching their Wrangler? (Seems reasonably rational to me. If I saw someone sitting on my motorcycle or in my naked Jeep ... :mad::mad:)

The jealousy and/or anger about which Jeeps get ducks, especially by self-proclaimed anti-duckers, is very baffling to me, too...

Last edited:
OP
OP
[DELETED USER 82058]

[DELETED USER 82058]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon 2-Door
I would rather no one touch…did everyone miss the Bronco ducking?😂

Sponsored

azwjowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL; 2004 WJ (sold but never forgotten)
I'm curious as to why some people are so vehemently opposed to the activity. I completely understand not wanting to participate, thinking it's dumb, etc. I just don't understand the hate...
Is it because they don't want people touching their Wrangler? Seems reasonably rational to me. If I saw someone sitting on my motorcycle or in my naked Jeep ... :mad::mad:

(The jealousy and/or anger about which Jeeps get ducks, especially by self-proclaimed anti-duckers, is very baffling to me, too...)
It's primarily that I don't want strangers walking up and messing with my vehicle, even to leave a duck. I don't think you should touch someone else's car. Secondarily, if someone gives me a duck now I have to throw it out and I feel bad about the wasted resources in making and trashing an object.

ArcadeTracks

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Rubicon. 2dr Soft Top. 2.0L Turbo, Auto, Stock
It's primarily that I don't want strangers walking up and messing with my vehicle, even to leave a duck. I don't think you should touch someone else's car. Secondarily, if someone gives me a duck now I have to throw it out and I feel bad about the wasted resources in making and trashing an object.
Anyone who places a duck (regardless of their intentions) should realize there's a chance the "recipient" will chuck the duck, or otherwise trash it.
I'd rather a duck than a dent. 😁
Remember when people sticking paper flyers under windshield wipers was a thing? Used to come out of a store to see the whole lot plastered... Maybe it's still an annoying, invasive thing in some places

JMichalko

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JLU
Who gives a duck?! 😉

As a woman (not driving a busted ass Jeep), this is my perspective. I’ll take a wave over a duck any day.
The original duck intent was a “nice idea”…no judgement there. But I’ll never understand the mass collection in the window. If you’re that into it, give them away. That’s the point. It’s not a competition. When I see that I think…someone didn’t understand the assignment. 🤷🏼‍♀️

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
I dislike the ducks, then I got one and the kids thought it was awesome, they then talked the wifey into buying a box to hand out. So I have to pretend to like them now. :facepalm:
Sponsored