Sponsored

No Air Conditioning

MassJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Purchased my new JLU Sahara in June. First hot day of summer we were taking a 2 hour trip to Vermont for a week long vacation and discovered we had no air conditioning in 90+ degree weather. Obviously put a major damper on our vacation because it was hot the whole week. When we got back I brought it in for service and was told that there was no refrigerant in It and that it was probably shipped from the factory that way. They filled and repressurized it and seemed to work. Two weeks later on another 90+ degree day, turned on AC and was blowing hot air again. Brought it in again and once again no refrigerant and found the evaporator core was leaking. Was told the parts are on backorder and would take at least 15 days before parts would come in. Not a great situation in summer. Contacted Jeep Cares to see if they can help expedite the parts to get it fixed. Waiting to hear back from them.
Sponsored

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
Purchased my new JLU Sahara in June. First hot day of summer we were taking a 2 hour trip to Vermont for a week long vacation and discovered we had no air conditioning in 90+ degree weather. Obviously put a major damper on our vacation because it was hot the whole week. When we got back I brought it in for service and was told that there was no refrigerant in It and that it was probably shipped from the factory that way. They filled and repressurized it and seemed to work. Two weeks later on another 90+ degree day, turned on AC and was blowing hot air again. Brought it in again and once again no refrigerant and found the evaporator core was leaking. Was told the parts are on backorder and would take at least 15 days before parts would come in. Not a great situation in summer. Contacted Jeep Cares to see if they can help expedite the parts to get it fixed. Waiting to hear back from them.
I have to honestly say that the one vehicle that I ever owned where I do not find the need to turn on the AC too often is the Jeep. I am thinking the vertical windshield and back windows do not allow as many sun rays to hit the interior plus I picked a very dark tint for the hard top and even the door windows have a gentle tint to them . I usually just open both windows and then I step on the gas and then when I am cruising at 60 it really feels great.

OP
OP

MassJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have to honestly say that the one vehicle that I ever owned where I do not find the need to turn on the AC too often is the Jeep. I am thinking the vertical windshield and back windows do not allow as many sun rays to hit the interior plus I picked a very dark tint for the hard top and even the door windows have a gentle tint to them . I usually just open both windows and then I step on the gas and then when I am cruising at 60 it really feels great.
I agree. I usually have the top down most of the time. But when it is really hot and humid and sun baking down on you, it sometimes requires you to put top on and turn up the AC. We seem to have more of those days then usual this year

Tdurden032

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
I don’t have any complaints about my JLUR but the air conditioner seems to be a little less than overwhelming according to a few passengers that I’ve had. I need to probably tint the driver/passenger windows and call our friend at hot headz for a headliner, to assist with the situation - but honestly, once I fire it up and drive with the windows down for about 15 seconds, it doesn’t even feel hot inside to me at all...

OP
OP

MassJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did they give you a loaner at least?
I did not get loaner, but also brought it to different dealer than the one I purchased it at because they are a 2 hour drive
Sponsored