Air conditioning in Sport S vs Sahara

Specter491

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wranlger JL Sport S
Hi all, I noticed when comparing the Sport S vs Sahara that the Sahara has air filtering while the Sport S doesn't. Can anyone comment on this? Will my (future) Sport S perpetually smell like outside?
Sponsored

aqualung

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep JKU
Hi all, I noticed when comparing the Sport S vs Sahara that the Sahara has air filtering while the Sport S doesn't. Can anyone comment on this? Will my (future) Sport S perpetually smell like outside?
Yes it will smell like the outside because your top will be down lol

aqualung

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep JKU
The Sahara comes with a filter installed. You can buy the filter and put it in yourself. The cabin air filter housing is still there in the Sport models, it just does not have a filter installed from factory.
Good to know, thanks! I may put one in for the winter months.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
The Sahara comes with a filter installed. You can buy the filter and put it in yourself. The cabin air filter housing is still there in the Sport models, it just does not have a filter installed from factory.
So, is it the same "drop the glove box and pop in a paper filter" that most brands have these days, or is it more complicated?

Sponsored

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
Last edited:

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Good to know, thanks! I may put one in for the winter months.
Winter months? I mean I run mine all year. In the spring, summer, and fall there is more crap in the air usually and it comes in from the outside coating your dash with fine dust etc. Why only winter months?

So, is it the same "drop the glove box and pop in a paper filter" that most brands have these days, or is it more complicated?
Yes and I believe I recall somebody stating it is the same cabin air filter that was used on the JK? Please double check before buying one.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Confirmed. Sports also come with cabin air filters

IMG_20180218_105242.jpg
Oh you did not go out and buy one? It came from factory with one? See another improvement they made on the JL as the JK did not. I always thought that was odd for such a cheap filter to not just put it in all models....

aqualung

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep JKU
Winter months? I mean I run mine all year. In the spring, summer, and fall there is more crap in the air usually and it comes in from the outside coating your dash with fine dust etc. Why only winter months?

My top is down Spring through fall, so filtration isn’t going to help me at all. I don’t use the climate control during those months, but maybe a handful of times.

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata
Oh you did not go out and buy one? It came from factory with one? See another improvement they made on the JL as the JK did not. I always thought that was odd for such a cheap filter to not just put it in all models....
It came standard. I drop the glove box to see if there is any wire I can source power for dashcam and I'm happy to see the air filter in there.
Sponsored