First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUD Hardtop, 2016 JK 2-door Ragtop
Occupation
Tired Again
Upon arriving home from the dealer after the arrival of my build, I installed the Banks iDash gauge. 41 miles on the odometer. The diesel particulate filter reading indicated 56 %. During the next 560 miles of driving, the reading indicated as low as 50% and as high as 58%. Most of the time a passive regen was indicated and occasionally the gauge indicated off.

Recently I took a ride 50 miles one way to make a visit. Before heading home I topped off the fuel tank at $4.999 per gallon. This is the second time adding fuel. The onboard average mpg had crept up to 28.1. At first top-off the dash indicated 26.2. My calculations show the dash to be about 1 gallon generous. At 28.1 mpg I was beginning to get cranky as I drive old man conservative and expected better.

What happened next is just too cool. Route 10 across mid-Michigan from the lake Michigan shore is a bit hilly through a National forest and is heavily used by campers of all sizes and styles. So I was just tooling along on cruise control until coming upon a line of slow traffic, patiently waiting a chance to spool that turbo and get back on cruise. The chance occurred at a long straight away and I jumped out there topping out well over the 55 mile posted speed and cruised past the bunch of em.

Ok here's the cool part. After settling back down to the 58 mph setting on cruise I looked to the iDash gauge. Holy mackerel, 100 % indicating the DPF level, amazing. I have no clue when the regen began but glad to see 100 % anyway. So, flipping through the dash readout and came to average mpg. The 58 mph cruise was averaging in the low 28's previously and now indicated 33. WOW is all I can say, this is more to my expectations.

Makes ya wonder if there are protocols baked into the ECU concerning this behavior.
Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Upon arriving home from the dealer after the arrival of my build, I installed the Banks iDash gauge. 41 miles on the odometer. The diesel particulate filter reading indicated 56 %. During the next 560 miles of driving, the reading indicated as low as 50% and as high as 58%. Most of the time a passive regen was indicated and occasionally the gauge indicated off.

Recently I took a ride 50 miles one way to make a visit. Before heading home I topped off the fuel tank at $4.999 per gallon. This is the second time adding fuel. The onboard average mpg had crept up to 28.1. At first top-off the dash indicated 26.2. My calculations show the dash to be about 1 gallon generous. At 28.1 mpg I was beginning to get cranky as I drive old man conservative and expected better.

What happened next is just too cool. Route 10 across mid-Michigan from the lake Michigan shore is a bit hilly through a National forest and is heavily used by campers of all sizes and styles. So I was just tooling along on cruise control until coming upon a line of slow traffic, patiently waiting a chance to spool that turbo and get back on cruise. The chance occurred at a long straight away and I jumped out there topping out well over the 55 mile posted speed and cruised past the bunch of em.

Ok here's the cool part. After settling back down to the 58 mph setting on cruise I looked to the iDash gauge. Holy mackerel, 100 % indicating the DPF level, amazing. I have no clue when the regen began but glad to see 100 % anyway. So, flipping through the dash readout and came to average mpg. The 58 mph cruise was averaging in the low 28's previously and now indicated 33. WOW is all I can say, this is more to my expectations.

Makes ya wonder if there are protocols baked into the ECU concerning this behavior.
Hi Tim. Congrats on your new diesel. Not sure what you meant as "100%" with regard the the DPF level. That would seem to indicate chokingly full. Mine always settles in at 8% after an active regen. Next purchase for you is the Pedal Monster. :)

OP
OP
CJ SCION

CJ SCION

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUD Hardtop, 2016 JK 2-door Ragtop
Occupation
Tired Again
Yeah, really liking the Wrangler powered by the 3.0.

The 100% is from the emissions category also (DPF RG). Are you monitoring (PM 1) or (PMF M)?

Just came in from setting up another page on the iDash and input the PM 1, it shows 0.0 so I am assuming the PM 1 (at 0.0) and DPF RG (at 100%) are inverse to one another. Will see over time.
Sponsored