Sponsored

New to Wrangler some basic questions

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I think what i will do, is when I visit my local 4x4 shop to help me with installing a new bumper, I will also ask them to check on the spacers to make sure they are good quality, and not the cheep ones.
Good plan, might even have them check your full suspension flex (w/ front swaybar disconnected) to see if the spacers are needed. If you plan to lift it in the future you could always remove them now (if there's no contact problems) and put them back on if you go up in the future (and still keep your stock wheels).
Sponsored

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

RE: Spacers - could also be that the previous owner wanted the tires to poke out from the fenders a little for a more planted stance, but didn't want to get new wheels.

OP
OP
EZPower

EZPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
RE: Spacers - could also be that the previous owner wanted the tires to poke out from the fenders a little for a more planted stance, but didn't want to get new wheels.
Unfortunately I have to wait till spring now for some toys. Unheated garage. We hit 40 and with a heat gun I was able to add some bling.

IMG_1131.jpg

IMG_1132.jpg

wscottyh

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL rubicon
I don’t think 28570r17 is stock for a Willy’s. Hard to tell from the picture if there are spacers or not. I don’t think spacers are necessary with 33s.
Actually my daughter got 33’s on her sport and needed spacers, but according to what I read before they are not needed, so who knows
Sponsored