Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
Let me start off by saying, I have been a Jeep fan since my high-school days when my buddy got a brand-new Wrangler YJ in 1990. He still has it after all these years - it's currently on 35s with built axles and a stout Chevy 350 under the hood. I learned to drive in my mom's '88 XJ, and I also owned an '01 XJ from '05 to 2010 (should have never sold it!). My wife bought an '03 Jeep Liberty KJ Limited right after we got married in September of '02. We still have it, but as it was starting to age and issues cropped up she got a Firecracker Red '18 Wrangler JLUnlimited Sport S last year. We optioned it out nicely; dual-top group, tech group, all-terrains with the upgraded Granite Crystal wheels, 8-speed, and side steps to make it easier for some of the elder family members to get in. She will not let us mod it one bit LOL.

Now, fast forward to this year; the lease was ending on my GoMango Dodge Charger R/T, and I have to be honest after cruising around in her Wrangler with the doors off and top down it brought me right back to the old days of riding with my friend in his YJ. My son and I found a 2-door base Sport at the same dealer we got my wife's from, and struck a fair deal. Mine is Mojito!, with only a few options; A/C, deep-tint soft top windows, 2.0T with 8-speed, all-terrains, and the Dana44HD rear with anti-spin. I already deleted the Euro bumper fairings, and am planning to lift it eventually with Rubicon take-off suspension and wheels/tires, and some sort of rock slider/step combo since I'll need it at that height (I'm a short guy).

Looking forward to being an active member of the community!

IMG_1910.JPG
Sponsored

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
Great story @The Fixer and a great pair of Jeeps! Welcome and you have a nice pair :like:

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Welcome back to jeeps! You decorate your jeeps for Christmas. I used to put lights on mine.

OP
OP
The Fixer

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
Thanx for the kind comments!! I almost wish mine had power locks, then I would have swapped doors with her for Christmas! We’re also Italian, and my daughter has said she wants a white Wrangler so our driveway will eventually look like the Italian flag lol.

I have to say, they’re similar enough, but definitely different. You feel the bumps just a touch more in the 2dr due to the shorter wheelbase, and the 2.0 is different from the 3.6, but I have no complaints with either engine so far. I only have 600 miles on mine, my wife’s has a little over 8K.

Sponsored

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Thanx for the kind comments!! I almost wish mine had power locks, then I would have swapped doors with her for Christmas! We’re also Italian, and my daughter has said she wants a white Wrangler so our driveway will eventually look like the Italian flag lol.

I have to say, they’re similar enough, but definitely different. You feel the bumps just a touch more in the 2dr due to the shorter wheelbase, and the 2.0 is different from the 3.6, but I have no complaints with either engine so far. I only have 600 miles on mine, my wife’s has a little over 8K.
Welcome to the forum Fixer. And I know you're happy that your daughter is proud of her heritage. That seems to be a rare thing for kids these days. Enjoy that new jeep.

Grimace-912

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon and 9 other bikes, trucks, cars :)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome Fixer! - Enjoy!

PS - I'm Italian too Pizan!

OP
OP
The Fixer

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
@Wanted33 , yep, we're definitely proud of our heritage - my wife especially since she was born there and came to the States when she was 3. My side of the family has been here since the early 1900s, though my one grandfather came through Ellis Island in the 20's I think. And @Grimace-912 - Ciao!!

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
@Wanted33 , yep, we're definitely proud of our heritage - my wife especially since she was born there and came to the States when she was 3. My side of the family has been here since the early 1900s, though my one grandfather came through Ellis Island in the 20's I think. And @Grimace-912 - Ciao!!
Welcome:like:

italy-flag-waving-animated-gif-2-big1.gif

Sponsored

OP
OP
The Fixer

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
Congratulations and welcome! I love the mojito—such a cool color.
Thanks! I really dig this color too. My last car (2016 Charger R/T) was GoMango - a slightly different of Punk'n, which I see yours is. I really was tempted to find a Punk'n Sport because I love that color too, but decided against it only because I already had the orange and wanted a change.

Mugzzzee

First Name
Hal (aka Mugs)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Retired since 2004
Welcome aboard! This forum is addicting, watch out.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation