First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
Thank you for your service and congrats on the new Willys (eventually ;) ).

I like my Willys a lot. It's a great package with some nice features. Of course, it is a very capable off-road vehicle.

Good luck with your order and we hope to see your Willys soon!
Sponsored

OP
OP
longfiredragon

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW Sport 2.0 L Turbo
Hello all. So last Tuesday I checked with Jeep and was told I have a frame. LOL. This morning I checked back with them and it is done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whoooooooooooooooooo Hooooooooooooooooo scheduled to be at the dealership between 9/5/2021 to 9/14/2021.

ReimundKrohn

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Islander Sting Grey
Hello all. So last Tuesday I checked with Jeep and was told I have a frame. LOL. This morning I checked back with them and it is done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whoooooooooooooooooo Hooooooooooooooooo scheduled to be at the dealership between 9/5/2021 to 9/14/2021.
Congratulations Darryl! I know the excitement - can’t wait to see the pics of you and the family in your new ride!

OP
OP
longfiredragon

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey all

Quick update. The dealer sent me a picture of the shipping invoice Tuesday. My Unlimited Willys sport is due in Orlando on Tuesday Sept. 7th. on a freight train. I asked about any chip delays and the reply was that the Jeep is 100% complete. I was also told that they prep Jeeps in less than one day. However no one can say how long it will take to get it from the depot onto a truck and over to the dealership. I am sure I am not the only car/truck etc. that will need delivered to wherever in FL.

Although I am dyeing here (This is the first new vehicle I have bought for myself in 17 years) I am not trying to push or rush anything. I just want it to be a fun, exciting day when I do take delivery and hope that my Daughter and her husband can come with.

Slightly different topic, but not. I researched Wranglers off and on for over 3 years. All the reviews pretty much say the same thing. Most love the Jeep Wrangler, but also say they do have some wind noise, road / tire noise, a little rough riding, and a little vague in the steering dept.

This is just for me but I am going to be smiling every day driving this JL. (I have test drove 3 JL's) I am coming out of a 1991 Dodge Turbo Cummings diesel one ton long bed dully I have been driving for 6 years. Want to talk wind noise, road noise, engine noise, bouncy ride and vague steering. HA! And to top that off I live in FL. and this truck has no A/C.

I have no doubt I will be in heaven in my new Jeep no matter where I venture in it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
longfiredragon

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whoooo Hooooooo. Picked up the Willy's sport this afternoon. They tinted the front 2 windows, filled up the tank and put a ceramic coating over the whole Jeep. Best buying experience I have ever had. Drove it home 50 miles, nice hum off the tires. Love my new Jeep, can't wait to log some more miles.

IMG_20210909_171514.jpg

IMG_20210909_190530.jpg

IMG_20210909_190504.jpg

IMG_20210909_190519.jpg

GeckoJosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Baja Yellow
Hello all, I am Darryl from Cocoa FL. I guess this is where new members introduce themselves? I served in the US Army back in the early 80's. Got to work on and thrash the living you what out of many jeeps. Always liked them, but as a younger man had a need for speed. So I have spent many years playing with hotrods and going fast. Still have a hotrod bike when I fell that need. Anyway I have been researching 4x4's for over 3 years now, and I have looked at them all including the Bronco. I am not going to go into great detail but the bronco just doesn't do it for me. Kids raised, I wanted a four door because we have 2 dogs now that go on long and short trips with us. We also own land up north and love to go up in the winter months. The reason why I have been waiting and looked at everything was cost. Even though the reality was that I kinda knew all along I wanted the Wrangler Unlimited.

My first pick is the Willys sport, I love the way it looks right out of the box, and you get a better than normal off-road package. Even though it is a little above what I can afford. I was gong for a base jeep JLU and outfit it a little, like I need a automatic (To old to shift anymore) I have test driven the 2.0 Hurricane Turbo and I loved it. And I wanted a freedom hard top. Of course I do like the higher trim levels as well but a little more than I could get, and even with all the stuff that comes on them, I still like the Willys. I also wanted the Willys because I wanted to pay homage to the first jeeps and the US Army. I have a long term plan and wanted to do the lease option. So the wife has never really paid attention to the wrangler (Even though she loves the way they look) So she says find some and we need to go look. Not sure about other parts of the country but around here, inventory is very low every where. We find a dealership in Orlando that has 6 unlimited' s. Total fricken jerks. Sales manager tells me he will lease me nothing because he will only make $995, and if I want to purchase it will be 5K to 10K above MSRP depending on what vehicle I choose. And he tells me no dealership will lease right now. Long story but I wanted to punch him in his face, but instead we left. I told the wife, hey, if it was not meant to be right now, I will just wait a little longer. So we take the long way home and have some lunch. The wife says hey there is this other cdjr down the road, can't hurt to see what they say. So we stop in. I tell the sales Rep. what the other place told me and he says that's not us. I will lease you anything you want for exactly the price you would build it and lease it for on the web site. What is your criteria? I said, base wrangler unlimited 4 banger turbo, automatic hard top, beyond that we will see. He comes back in about 10 Min. and says I have these 2 jeeps already to order, they are both 4 cylinder turbos, both hard tops and both automatics. One is snazzberry and one is sarge green. This is the price, this is the tag, title, taxes and this would be the payment.

I was like holy Sh!!t, I looked at my wife and said we can afford this. So now I am looking at the paper with all the listed features and it says willys. I look at the salesman and say these are willys sports? And he says yes, they are both willys sports. Now I am trying to contain myself. They place my name on the order sheet, give me all the paperwork with everything about the jeep, including the VIN. I have checked with FCA and they confirmed the VIN and that they have all the parts and it will be going to build soon. I also checked all the dealer package codes and they all check out. And they are giving it to me for exactly what they said to the penny.

Sorry for being long winded, but I have wanted a Wrangler for a long time now. And now I am awaiting my bran new 2021 JLU hardtop, 4 cylinder Turbo, Sarge green, automatic, the exact jeep I wanted.

Will post once I receive it. Really hard to wait. LOL.
Congrats sir! Welcome to the family and above all thank you for your service!

OP
OP
longfiredragon

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forgot about this with all the excitement. I don't know if they all do this but it was a first for me. The salesman had this put on the window sticker that it was built especially for me. Thought it was a nice touch.

Jeep Wrangler JL New Member, New Jeep owner (Eventually) IMG_20210910_053616