New Member, New Jeep owner (Eventually)

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW Sport 2.0 L Turbo
Hello all, I am Darryl from Cocoa FL. I guess this is where new members introduce themselves? I served in the US Army back in the early 80's. Got to work on and thrash the living you what out of many jeeps. Always liked them, but as a younger man had a need for speed. So I have spent many years playing with hotrods and going fast. Still have a hotrod bike when I fell that need. Anyway I have been researching 4x4's for over 3 years now, and I have looked at them all including the Bronco. I am not going to go into great detail but the bronco just doesn't do it for me. Kids raised, I wanted a four door because we have 2 dogs now that go on long and short trips with us. We also own land up north and love to go up in the winter months. The reason why I have been waiting and looked at everything was cost. Even though the reality was that I kinda knew all along I wanted the Wrangler Unlimited.

My first pick is the Willys sport, I love the way it looks right out of the box, and you get a better than normal off-road package. Even though it is a little above what I can afford. I was gong for a base jeep JLU and outfit it a little, like I need a automatic (To old to shift anymore) I have test driven the 2.0 Hurricane Turbo and I loved it. And I wanted a freedom hard top. Of course I do like the higher trim levels as well but a little more than I could get, and even with all the stuff that comes on them, I still like the Willys. I also wanted the Willys because I wanted to pay homage to the first jeeps and the US Army. I have a long term plan and wanted to do the lease option. So the wife has never really paid attention to the wrangler (Even though she loves the way they look) So she says find some and we need to go look. Not sure about other parts of the country but around here, inventory is very low every where. We find a dealership in Orlando that has 6 unlimited' s. Total fricken jerks. Sales manager tells me he will lease me nothing because he will only make $995, and if I want to purchase it will be 5K to 10K above MSRP depending on what vehicle I choose. And he tells me no dealership will lease right now. Long story but I wanted to punch him in his face, but instead we left. I told the wife, hey, if it was not meant to be right now, I will just wait a little longer. So we take the long way home and have some lunch. The wife says hey there is this other cdjr down the road, can't hurt to see what they say. So we stop in. I tell the sales Rep. what the other place told me and he says that's not us. I will lease you anything you want for exactly the price you would build it and lease it for on the web site. What is your criteria? I said, base wrangler unlimited 4 banger turbo, automatic hard top, beyond that we will see. He comes back in about 10 Min. and says I have these 2 jeeps already to order, they are both 4 cylinder turbos, both hard tops and both automatics. One is snazzberry and one is sarge green. This is the price, this is the tag, title, taxes and this would be the payment.

I was like holy Sh!!t, I looked at my wife and said we can afford this. So now I am looking at the paper with all the listed features and it says willys. I look at the salesman and say these are willys sports? And he says yes, they are both willys sports. Now I am trying to contain myself. They place my name on the order sheet, give me all the paperwork with everything about the jeep, including the VIN. I have checked with FCA and they confirmed the VIN and that they have all the parts and it will be going to build soon. I also checked all the dealer package codes and they all check out. And they are giving it to me for exactly what they said to the penny.

Sorry for being long winded, but I have wanted a Wrangler for a long time now. And now I am awaiting my bran new 2021 JLU hardtop, 4 cylinder Turbo, Sarge green, automatic, the exact jeep I wanted.

Will post once I receive it. Really hard to wait. LOL.
Sponsored

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Thank you for your service, in first of all.

Second, congrats! I'm a new Jeeper myself, just over a month in. It's a blast.

cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
First, thank you for your service! Glad your getting the jeep you want for a fair price. Now the waiting game begins.

mferrara91

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Hello all, I am Darryl from Cocoa FL. I guess this is where new members introduce themselves? I served in the US Army back in the early 80's. Got to work on and thrash the living you what out of many jeeps. Always liked them, but as a younger man had a need for speed. So I have spent many years playing with hotrods and going fast. Still have a hotrod bike when I fell that need. Anyway I have been researching 4x4's for over 3 years now, and I have looked at them all including the Bronco. I am not going to go into great detail but the bronco just doesn't do it for me. Kids raised, I wanted a four door because we have 2 dogs now that go on long and short trips with us. We also own land up north and love to go up in the winter months. The reason why I have been waiting and looked at everything was cost. Even though the reality was that I kinda knew all along I wanted the Wrangler Unlimited.

My first pick is the Willys sport, I love the way it looks right out of the box, and you get a better than normal off-road package. Even though it is a little above what I can afford. I was gong for a base jeep JLU and outfit it a little, like I need a automatic (To old to shift anymore) I have test driven the 2.0 Hurricane Turbo and I loved it. And I wanted a freedom hard top. Of course I do like the higher trim levels as well but a little more than I could get, and even with all the stuff that comes on them, I still like the Willys. I also wanted the Willys because I wanted to pay homage to the first jeeps and the US Army. I have a long term plan and wanted to do the lease option. So the wife has never really paid attention to the wrangler (Even though she loves the way they look) So she says find some and we need to go look. Not sure about other parts of the country but around here, inventory is very low every where. We find a dealership in Orlando that has 6 unlimited' s. Total fricken jerks. Sales manager tells me he will lease me nothing because he will only make $995, and if I want to purchase it will be 5K to 10K above MSRP depending on what vehicle I choose. And he tells me no dealership will lease right now. Long story but I wanted to punch him in his face, but instead we left. I told the wife, hey, if it was not meant to be right now, I will just wait a little longer. So we take the long way home and have some lunch. The wife says hey there is this other cdjr down the road, can't hurt to see what they say. So we stop in. I tell the sales Rep. what the other place told me and he says that's not us. I will lease you anything you want for exactly the price you would build it and lease it for on the web site. What is your criteria? I said, base wrangler unlimited 4 banger turbo, automatic hard top, beyond that we will see. He comes back in about 10 Min. and says I have these 2 jeeps already to order, they are both 4 cylinder turbos, both hard tops and both automatics. One is snazzberry and one is sarge green. This is the price, this is the tag, title, taxes and this would be the payment.

I was like holy Sh!!t, I looked at my wife and said we can afford this. So now I am looking at the paper with all the listed features and it says willys. I look at the salesman and say these are willys sports? And he says yes, they are both willys sports. Now I am trying to contain myself. They place my name on the order sheet, give me all the paperwork with everything about the jeep, including the VIN. I have checked with FCA and they confirmed the VIN and that they have all the parts and it will be going to build soon. I also checked all the dealer package codes and they all check out. And they are giving it to me for exactly what they said to the penny.

Sorry for being long winded, but I have wanted a Wrangler for a long time now. And now I am awaiting my bran new 2021 JLU hardtop, 4 cylinder Turbo, Sarge green, automatic, the exact jeep I wanted.

Will post once I receive it. Really hard to wait. LOL.
Congrats Darryl, and thank you for your service! I am a firm believer in that things happen for a reason and always work out in the end. Now the waiting is the hardest part! Hold on to your wallet because it is real easy to spend $ accessorizing!!

I bought my Jeep 2 months ago and got really lucky. I found the exact model I was looking for at a dealer an hour away from me. Emailed them on a Saturday and did the whole deal through text and picked it up first thing Monday morning. It was the only JLU they had and it turns out they got it in a dealer trade only a day prior. Timing is everything.

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx-retired
Congratulations! And thanks for your service!

Sponsored

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Welcome to the forum. You will meet some very experienced and very cool people here.

Remember to post a picture or two of the new Jeep.

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
Welcome and THANK YOU very much for your service to our great nation!!!!

Deleted member 59498

The Willys really do look sharp and the sport version is not too far off from the regular sport? I live in weird land so prices here are a bit off most other places.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Wecome to the forum and early congratulations!

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Great post! Welcome to the community and we look forward to seeing pics of your awesome new Willys!

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome Daryl. Congrats on new ride coming soon. Best thing you can do is pass over all the mod threads and donā€™t read them šŸ˜‚ or get ready to start draining the wallet. Just kidding, that is part of the fun šŸ‘šŸ»

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
My wife and I bought our first Jeep in November 2020. Instantly hooked. Now Iā€™m about to be a proud owner of a 392 with more accessories and mods than I knew was possible. Enjoy the ride.

Itā€™s a privilege and honor to have had you serve for this great nation despite its current state. Thank you sir.

OP
OP
longfiredragon

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW Sport 2.0 L Turbo
Again, thank you all for the kind words. It was my honor to have served our great nation, and I loved the experience. Josiah, holy molly I can only imagine what a new 392 would be like, congratulations and enjoy, safely. Mike I love the avatar. "Call it a car one more time" LOL. I have been scouting the aftermarket items, and I know you can get crazy. There will be a few things right away, and the Daughter wants to get me a thing or two, she loves Wranglers. Then maybe crazy later down the road.

Right now I am just trying not to contact FCA daily for the status when I already know the status. It's not done yet. LOL.
Sponsored