Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU SportS
Occupation
Radiologist
Welp all,

I pulled the trigger on an all-black '18 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
MSRP was 39,755
OTD was $32,500 ($3000 down)
24S package, Tech group, Convenience group, all weather floor mats, auto trans, premium soft top.

Thoughts on the price? Coming to the JEEP realm, my wife wanted to ask (it's her daily driver)we noticed on the drive on the highway it feels like there is a lot of play in the steering wheel, like a lot of moving your hands to adjust the drive 3-5 degrees to keep it in the middle of the road, like bouncing around on the road maybe? The way she described it in her words was like driving "bedrock driving like the Flintstones" lol
Sponsored

OP
OP
Deriggs007

Deriggs007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU SportS
Occupation
Radiologist
No thoughts?

apettit7

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Occupation
IT

Lateapex

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1944 MB, 2019 JLS
Clubs

No thoughts?
Based on prices in my area (SoCal), I'd say you got a good deal. :like:

Regarding steering issues, there is a lot of info on that in this forum; I suggest you do a search and read up on it...some JLs steer fine straight from the factory, but some folks report issues with JL steering that may need to be addressed by your dealer. If needed, get the steering taken care of, then go enjoy that jeep! :jk:

apettit7

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Occupation
IT
also check that all of the suspension bolts are torqued to spec, there are forum posts about suspension bolts being loose from the factory as well

Sponsored

OP
OP
Deriggs007

Deriggs007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU SportS
Occupation
Radiologist
Thanks for the suggestion. I took it for some rides myself yesterday and it does feel like you have to constantly re-adjust on the road cause it bumps around a bit. I was not sure if this is just a JEEP thing or not.

What’s the stock tire pressure supposed to be? Don’t have a torque wrench anymore so I’ll probably take it in

Also, we want to convert to hard top. Found someone willing to switch for premium soft top for his hard top and I add $400. That worth it?

It’s a 4hr drive so I want it to be worth it lol

CJS

First Name
Clem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
I had ordered mine a year ago with a premium soft top but have recently switched to a hard top (I’m keeping the soft top in case I want to switch it back in the future). A new hard top replacement is about $2,600 plus installation. So if the used one is indeed in good condition, $400 sounds like a good deal. One thing though, my Jeep didn’t have the wires that the rear wipers can be hooked up to. I’m thinking because I ordered it (from the factory) with a soft top, they didn’t need to run the wiring harness to the rear. So my rear windshield wiper isn’t operable. I’m thinking maybe I will take it to the dealership and have them install the wires? Not sure how much it will cost (if it can even be done at all).

19JLRuby

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
System Engineer
I had ordered mine a year ago with a premium soft top but have recently switched to a hard top (I’m keeping the soft top in case I want to switch it back in the future). A new hard top replacement is about $2,600 plus installation. So if the used one is indeed in good condition, $400 sounds like a good deal. One thing though, my Jeep didn’t have the wires that the rear wipers can be hooked up to. I’m thinking because I ordered it (from the factory) with a soft top, they didn’t need to run the wiring harness to the rear. So my rear windshield wiper isn’t operable. I’m thinking maybe I will take it to the dealership and have them install the wires? Not sure how much it will cost (if it can even be done at all).
I have brand new 2019 JL 2 door Rubicon hard top and first time Jeep Owner. Today I tried to use my back wiper which was today, it was not operable. We looked at the wiring harness and found that it was plugged into the connector in the back where you would store the connecter if you take the top/roof off. We ended up unplugging it from that connector and plugged it on to the connector that is mounted onto the side near the back roll bars. Let me know if you have this available connector and are able to plug your wiper harness into it.

Lecroj

First Name
Jon L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOAB JLU, 2012 MDX, 2010 Mini
Lower tire pressure to 37. Some are going a good bit lower than that, but drive around after you lower it to at least 37. Mine felt like it was a giant roller skate before I lowered the pressure. Still will have play on the steering wheel but it won’t drift as much.

OP
OP
Deriggs007

Deriggs007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU SportS
Occupation
Radiologist
What will it take to swap from a soft top to a hard top? Is there anything I need to purchase to do the swap? Brackets for example? I believe the seller said he would have the brackets to swap, but from watching a couple YT videos, there's a lot more to it than just brackets.

Sorry, I'm really really knew to the Jeep world and you know how it goes. Happy wife, happy life. lol

Also, my tire pressure according to the infotainment is 37, 38, 37, 36. I'm sure it may be a few PSI off, but just wanted to point that out.
Sponsored