Sponsored

New engine teething issues?

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Wow, breakeven in less than three years. Not in Utah, diesel is $.30 a gallon more than regular gasoline.
Yea that’s by far the most important factor deciding what you might save.
Sponsored

VABarn

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ5, 2020 JLURD
I compare what I spend on a weekly basis vs what my wife spends. I spend less ;) Of course, she has a Porsche, which requires premium, and she has a lead foot...

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
I compare what I spend on a weekly basis vs what my wife spends. I spend less ;) Of course, she has a Porsche, which requires premium, and she has a lead foot...
I hope you don't point that out every week.
:LOL:

Gonzanc

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLURD, '76 FJ40, '17 BMW 650i Gran coupe
Yea that’s by far the most important factor deciding what you might save.
Check out TSD logistics. There is a thread on it in this sub forum and saves a ton on diesel. Last time I filled up the diesel listed at $2.65/gal and the discount brought it down to 1.79/gal, which is incredible. There is only one station near me and it's about 10mins away, but those kind of savings are worth the drive.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Check out TSD logistics. There is a thread on it in this sub forum and saves a ton on diesel. Last time I filled up the diesel listed at $2.65/gal and the discount brought it down to 1.79/gal, which is incredible. There is only one station near me and it's about 10mins away, but those kind of savings are worth the drive.
Their site isn’t clear as to whether it has any utility in AK. We don’t have your typical interstate truck stops up here so it would have to work at regular gas stations.

Sponsored

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Which Porsche?

OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Nice. Deep down I was hoping you’d say 997.2 GT3RS 4.0 lol.
I agree. The 997s were the last enthusiast's 911. You can't even see the engine on 991s and 992s.

Fredski007

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUD I 2018 Dynamax DX3 motorhome
Occupation
Retired
Their site isn’t clear as to whether it has any utility in AK. We don’t have your typical interstate truck stops up here so it would have to work at regular gas stations.
Right now they only cover TA and Loves but it is a lagit operation, I tow Jeeps behind our motor home and save tons on trips. Need to get a reducer for the fuel dispenser because you can only use the card at the truck lanes

Sponsored

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Right now they only cover TA and Loves but it is a lagit operation, I tow Jeeps behind our motor home and save tons on trips. Need to get a reducer for the fuel dispenser because you can only use the card at the truck lanes
Is there little plastic funnel thing with the jack a reducer?

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea those aren’t a thing in the last frontier.

2020 Diesel JL

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 CJ3B Diesel, 2018 Camaro Hot Wheels Convertible, 2018 Dodge 3500 Diesel, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide White, 2020 Harley CVO Tri Glide Black, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
General Manager / Owner of CraneWorks Orlando
Vehicle Showcase
I agree. While I'm not rich, I'm at the point in life where I'm willing to spend money to pursue an enjoyable experience. This is not, speaking only for myself, about financial justifications. But, if the drive-ability/reliability is suspect unless driven mostly on the highway, it won't meet my "enjoyable experience" criteria.

All of that said, what I'm hearing in this thread is that as long as there is a long, fully warmed up cycle, every 100-200 miles, the emissions system will be fine. And...if the regen is cycling, keep driving. Am I interpreting that correctly? Can the regen be "forced" on the occasion of a longer stint behind the wheel?

I'm a Porsche nut and this reminds me of the early 4-cam 356 Carrera motors in the mid/late 50s. You had to be careful to never bog the engine or the plugs would foul. There were eight of them to replace and you had to pull the engine to get to the rear cylinder ones.
I have looked and I do not see any way to perform a forced regen without factory softwear. I would think the Tazer should be programed to do it but its not.

The question of how often will the system regen can not be answered. I will all depend on driving conditions, temp's achieved in the DPF, engine condition, and so many other variables even if driving in town. The system may require a regen every hundred miles or couple thousand. I drive M - F 60% highway 35% city and 5% idle. Mine may not regen for thousands of miles. Everyone seems to forget that the DPF will burn off soot without a regen if the temps are achieved to do so under normal driving conditions.

Low mileage around town runs are bad for any engine. Everyone thinks grandma's low mileage Buick is the car to have for their kids first ride. No, a high mileage interstate runner is the better buy. It will last longest with less engine issues.

Last edited:
OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I have looked and I do not see any way to perform a forced regen without factory softwear. I would think the Tazer should be programed to do it but its not.

The question of how often will the system regen can not be answered. I will all depend on driving conditions, temp's achieved in the DPF, engine condition, and so many other variables even if driving in town. The system may require a regen every hundred miles or couple thousand. I drive M - F 60% highway 35% city and 5% idle. Mine may not regen for thousands of miles. Everyone seems to forget that the DPF will burn off soot without a regen if the temps are achieved to do so under normal driving conditions.

Low mileage around town runs are bad for any engine. Everyone thinks grandma's low mileage Buick is the car to have for their kids first ride. No, a high mileage interstate runner is the better buy. It will last longest with less engine issues.
Thanks for the thorough answer. This is why I come to these forums.
Sponsored