Sponsored

New CB/GMRS/HAM Front-Mount Antenna Bracket

RubICON1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992,2011,2014,2022 RubICON
We are excited to announce the availability of our new front-mount antenna bracket. We have configurations so that you can leverage the mount as a CB, GMRS, or Ham radio antenna mount. Because the same mount works equally well on either side of the Jeep, those users who want more than one radio type can have an antenna on each side of the Jeep. Like all of our mounts, the construction is all stainless steel.

We designed the bracket for Midland's MXTA26 6db GMRS antenna (shown in pics), but the mount works very well with our 3' Firestik Firefly CB antennas as well. In the pictures it may look like the mount is touching the paint, but I assure you that it is not. The mount utilize a horizontal foot that inserts into the cowl/fender body gap. The plastic edge-trim keeps the bracket centered in the seam without touching the paint while providing the fore/aft stability that mitigates any twisting forces on the single mounting fastener. Installation time of the bracket will be way less than 5 minutes! (You'll spend more time deciding which side you want it on.)

You can order the mount HERE in 3 different "configurations";

a. The first option is just the mount itself and the attachment hardware. The mount has a 1/2" hole which accommodates just about any CB antenna. We recommend a CB antenna length of 3' - and we really prefer (and have tested with) the lightweight tunable-tip Firestik FireFly CB antenna.

b. The second configuration is for GMRS/HAM antennas. This configuration includes the mount above plus Cool Tech exclusive, 10' MXTA24 antenna cable with an NMO mount. This will allow you to mount any GMRS or HAM antenna that uses the popular NMO-style mount. But, knowing that this is a front-mount antenna bracket, we are providing a coax length of only 10' instead of the more commonly available 20' length. Looping excess antenna cable together will severely compromise the performance of your antenna. Our 10' length provides you enough room to mount your radio anywhere in the dash area of the Jeep.

c. This last configuration is just like b) above but will also include the Midland MXTA26 6db NMO-mount antenna (as shown below).

We're hoping that this new antenna mount will help compel Jeep owners to make the transition to GMRS radios.

MXTA26_2.jpg

FBrkt_1.jpg

IMG_7628.jpg
Ford GT in the background? LUcky Bastard
Sponsored

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Gmanjeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
I'm going to upgrade from a Midland MXT275 to the new MXT500 when it comes out. Midland told me it would be out in 4 to 6 weeks. 50 watts and split privacy tones for repeaters. I don't know what this does for me, but it has wide band mode, too.

1625929442891.png
Do you have the Cooltech cowl antenna mount? I had a JTR and I used the Topsy fender mount as there were not many other options available at the time. I now have a JLR and I am considering the cooltech cowl mount vs mounting the antenna on the tailgate.

Gmanjeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
93EAAF8C-4A67-4CE2-B9B3-3F24FE461BAB.jpeg

4BBE80BE-6D26-41D4-B81B-63DBA760B779.jpeg

91D2FBDA-C8E6-4DD1-9C3C-A07161F5876B.jpeg

Got my initial setup installed. Still waiting on my antenna to be delivered. Your mounts were easy to use. I ran up through the windshield. I am not good at interior panels, so this might not be optimal. 9’ coax was more than enough this way.
Are you still using the Cooltech cowl antenna mount? I am thinking about using it on my JLR.

Sponsored

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
Are you still using the Cooltech cowl antenna mount? I am thinking about using it on my JLR.
Yep, I actually have 2 now. 1 GMRS and 1 CB.
Edit: I just saw these are old photos from my JLUR. My new JL does much better wire routing. I tucked it under the speaker cover and ran it down around the glovebox and into the footwell.

Gmanjeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Yep, I actually have 2 now. 1 GMRS and 1 CB.
Edit: I just saw these are old photos from my JLUR. My new JL does much better wire routing. I tucked it under the speaker cover and ran it down around the glovebox and into the footwell.
Thanks. I have a Topsy fender mount which I had on a JT I used to have. I did not really like it as I thought it might scratch the paint plus it did not seem very stable. I was looking at tailgate antenna mounts for my JL but do not really like the idea of attaching a mount to my tailgate hinges and then having to pull trim etc to run the coax up behind my glove box where my cobra 75 control box is. In terms of running the coax from my JL glove box through the driver side firewall it looks like it will be just like the JT. My only issue is that my coax is probably 18’ and so I will have to do some creative coiling. Is the Cooltech mount you have easy to install and easy to remove? I will only use my CB on rare occasions and I will want to completely remove the mount and then tuck the coax up under the hood or cowl. Is the Cooltech mount stable and is it out and away from the paint so no damage is done? ( I would prefer to go with GRMS but my group still does CBS). Thanks again

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
Thanks. I have a Topsy fender mount which I had on a JT I used to have. I did not really like it as I thought it might scratch the paint plus it did not seem very stable. I was looking at tailgate antenna mounts for my JL but do not really like the idea of attaching a mount to my tailgate hinges and then having to pull trim etc to run the coax up behind my glove box where my cobra 75 control box is. In terms of running the coax from my JL glove box through the driver side firewall it looks like it will be just like the JT. My only issue is that my coax is probably 18’ and so I will have to do some creative coiling. Is the Cooltech mount you have easy to install and easy to remove? I will only use my CB on rare occasions and I will want to completely remove the mount and then tuck the coax up under the hood or cowl. Is the Cooltech mount stable and is it out and away from the paint so no damage is done? ( I would prefer to go with GRMS but my group still does CBS). Thanks again
The cooltech mount is stable and I had no damage when I removed it from my old rig. That being said, multiple installs and removals increase the chance of scratching something. I just remove my CB antenna but leave the mount. My GMRS/FRS is a ghost antenna and I just leave it on. We’ve had 3 attempted fuel thefts in our driveway and nobody has touched the antenna yet. The screws removed were painted over at the factory, so you might be more likely to introduce flaking by putting them back on vs leaving the mount in place. They’ll no longer be sealed.

Last edited:

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

@CoolTech can you please DM me? I’m looking for some advice on a few things. Also, I’m semi local and was wondering if I could pick up directly from you or would have to wait on shipping.
Sponsored