Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S 6spd
Occupation
Construction Manager
Hey guys. I found a new option that is coming out soon to replace the uconnect:
https://stingerelectronics.com/pages/jeep-wrangler-infotainment

Looks like it could be a killer option. I have spoken with them and they will have an update soon for the JL specific unit in both 8” and 10” :rock: screen options. the photos they released so far to me look great. I was geting close to pulling the trigger on an insane audio but now I am going to wait for this one. Great to have options. :like:
Sponsored

dajaga

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport
Hey guys. I found a new option that is coming out soon to replace the uconnect:
https://stingerelectronics.com/pages/jeep-wrangler-infotainment

Looks like it could be a killer option. I have spoken with them and they will have an update soon for the JL specific unit in both 8” and 10” :rock: screen options. the photos they released so far to me look great. I was geting close to pulling the trigger on an insane audio but now I am going to wait for this one. Great to have options. :like:
that looks like a promising unit, I went with the JVC kw-650bt dash, metra jl dash kit, maestro rr, maestro ch3 harness. have a jl mono amp that I am now using using rca from the headunit instead of the lineout converter, I am actually shocked how good the oem base speakers sound, I don't think I'll upgrade them for a while unless a good deal presents its self.

However the 2 bad things about this unit is I have to hard wire the usb as there is no ports on the back, but the kw-m750 does but costs more, and that both those units cannot use the backup cam. I am just going to run a new backup camera, overall I am happy with everything

OP
OP
GregMG79

GregMG79

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S 6spd
Occupation
Construction Manager
@dajaga ok, but that is not this unit. This one looks like it will retain factory menus for settings and give extra ones like off-road pages even for us Sport owners. I appreciate the heads up, but this post about the Stinger option.

angustx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
@dajaga ok, but that is not this unit. This one looks like it will retain factory menus for settings and give extra ones like off-road pages even for us Sport owners. I appreciate the heads up, but this post about the Stinger option.
If this had wireless carplay/android auto, it would be very interesting. I like the 10 inch display option. Hopefully, more wireless carplay/android auto options will be coming down the pipe. I would also like to see more head units with integrated 4g/5g. That would be huge for me.
Sponsored