Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'65 Impala SS, BMW X5M, 2018 Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Ladies and gentlemen, I need the entire hardtop length including freedom panels. I would really appreciate if someone could measure from the tip of the windshield to the rear end of the hardtop. I would do this myself and measure my own but my JLU has been in the shop getting Kevlar paint. Hopefully one of you fine folks can measure it for me. Reason for this is, I'm purchasing a roof rack and someone local has an awning that's for sale that I'd like to pick up asap and I want to make sure it won't be too long. Thanks in advance!
PicsArt_05-22-11.05.27.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
YOKiN

YOKiN

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
I appreciate the link. I searched the forums and seen that as well but I thought it only referred to the hardtop minus the freedom panels. From that photo it DOES look like it includes the freedom panels as well. I have to be 100% sure though. In that thread they're talking about a hoist so I still feel like that "A" measurement was without the freedom panels. Anyone have time to personally measure?

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I appreciate the link. I searched the forums and seen that as well but I thought it only referred to the hardtop minus the freedom panels. From that photo it DOES look like it includes the freedom panels as well. I have to be 100% sure though. In that thread they're talking about a hoist so I still feel like that "A" measurement was without the freedom panels. Anyone have time to personally measure?
For the JLU, with the freedom panels, it is 93" from the front lip of the freedom panels to the back edge, 94" including the little "spoiler" looking flange on the top back by the rear window. The freedom panel is 26". Are you going to add a full rack on top or ?

OP
OP
YOKiN

YOKiN

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
For the JLU, with the freedom panels, it is 93" from the front lip of the freedom panels to the back edge, 94" including the little "spoiler" looking flange on the top back by the rear window. The freedom panel is 26". Are you going to add a full rack on top or ?
YOU SIR! Are awesome! Thanks for taking the time to get those measurements for me. I seen your post early this morning and was able to get a great deal on an ARB awning 2500 for $100 bucks! If you're ever in North Texas, I'll buy you a :beer: :like:

Sponsored

OP
OP
YOKiN

YOKiN

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
@jeremyjeep Oh and to answer your question, yes! I'm getting a Gobi roofrack but until it gets here I'm temporarily going to get Thule crossbars and a basket.

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
YOU SIR! Are awesome! Thanks for taking the time to get those measurements for me. I seen your post early this morning and was able to get a great deal on an ARB awning 2500 for $100 bucks! If you're ever in North Texas, I'll buy you a :beer: :like:
I'm looking for an awning as well. Can you share how you got the ARB awning 2500 for $100? Feel free to send a private message if you prefer.

OP
OP
YOKiN

YOKiN

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
I'm looking for an awning as well. Can you share how you got the ARB awning 2500 for $100? Feel free to send a private message if you prefer.
It was just a local seller on Facebook market that had a new one in storage he never used. There's a lot of sales going on with memorial day. Etrailer.com has some pretty good deals going on.
Sponsored