thenewrick

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S P85+ / Subaru Baja Turbo 5-Speed
Howdy,

So I drove a Rubicon 2-door today and it was surprisingly small on the inside. I'm 6'0 260 lbs and really didn't quite fit. Are there any expectations that the JL will be roomier for the driver? My seat was all the way back too.

Also, any chance the dash will be lowered some for better visibility?

I'm hoping for more shoulder and hip room, more leg room, lower dash for better visibility, and more glass for better visibility all around.
Sponsored

Solar Sailor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
The only thing I am expecting in the 2 door JL is better visibility out the rear view mirror - especially if there is no one in the rear seat. This is due to the ability to fold down the rear head rests, the wiper mounted low on the rear glass instead of at the top on the jK, and the spare tire mounted lower in the JL than in the JK. I have heard that the front windshield glass is a bit larger to give a better view up like at traffic lights when stopped but I cannot confirm that.

Last edited:
OP
OP
thenewrick

thenewrick

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ah. That sounds like it makes sense. I was really surprised how small Wranglers are on the inside when I tried one today. Definitely not big men vehicles. My Subaru Baja always felt very small to me but that's because it's a small Japanese Ute/Truck. It's still a decent amount roomier on the inside for big people.

Solar Sailor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
One thing that I have heard from several sources is a replacement track for the driver's side seat. That moves the seat back a few inches and has more room for big folks. Do a search on "Big Boy Bracket" or similar. I think they have brackets that add either 2 or 4 inches. Also, the JL version has a more adjustable steering column then available on the JK model.

OP
OP
thenewrick

thenewrick

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those are both good things. I did notice that the current wheel isn't telescoping. I'd be happy trading all the rear leg room and some passenger room for a big comfy cockpit for the driver.
Sponsored