JL interior dimensions

DaveN

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 2500
I'm thinking of getting a JL for traveling in with my dog and cat. Yes I know it will be tight and considered the option of an Ursa Minor top but the wait is long for the top. My question is this. What is the distance between the rear door and the back of the passenger seat with the seat moved all the way forward. Specification sites give legroom, headroom, and cargo volume but I need to know if I can fit my 6'6" frame on a makeshift bed in there. If it isn't long enough, have people removed the front passenger seat and extended the cargo area? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic
Don't have the measurements but you are not laying down in the back if you are 6'6". My wife is 5'2" and reached in from the back this morning to retrieve her purse from behind the front seat this morning. Mine is a 2 seater. I have no use for the rear seat.

OP
OP

DaveN

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 2500

GladiSD

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' AEV 392 JL370, 08' S2000 CR, 08' S2000, 99' SV
Occupation
Sure...

Sponsored

WiseguyDS

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Are these dimensions still accurate for later model Wranglers? Mine's a 2020 and I need to transport a box H 15" L28.5" W 41.5".

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I'm thinking of getting a JL for traveling in with my dog and cat. Yes I know it will be tight and considered the option of an Ursa Minor top but the wait is long for the top. My question is this. What is the distance between the rear door and the back of the passenger seat with the seat moved all the way forward. Specification sites give legroom, headroom, and cargo volume but I need to know if I can fit my 6'6" frame on a makeshift bed in there.
The JL is the two door Wrangler. Since your post mentions "rear door", you're inquiring about the interior measurements of the four door, meaning JLU?

I'm 6'4", and would be forced to sleep diagonally in my JLU, and that's only when one of the front seats is slid fully forward. The rear bench seat of the 4-door doesn't fold fully flat, either, so you might consider removing it and building a platform that serves dual roles: a flat area to provide sufficient space for your pets and cargo during the day, and some degree of sleeping comfort for you at night.

As for said platform, there's any number of threads here that provide photos and explanations of their construction.
Sponsored