First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon EcoDiesel
My Jeep:
2020 JLUR EcoDiesel

I would like to wire my Halo lights on an aftermarket headlight kit ((DV8- HLCJL-01) to an always-on circuit. Someone posted in another thread to use tap fuse F58 with this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0146EB8EM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_zj9MEbWB5BGP5

After some researching I see that F58 is for the heated passenger seat.

Couple questions:
1) I don't have the heated seats, why is there a fuse there?
2) Can I just run a hot lead to the postive post on my battery with an inline fuse from my local autoparts store?
3) If I do tap my fuse box with the part above, can't I tap pretty much any "always on"circuit?

Thanks
Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
My Jeep:
2020 JLUR EcoDiesel

I would like to wire my Halo lights on an aftermarket headlight kit ((DV8- HLCJL-01) to an always-on circuit. Someone posted in another thread to use tap fuse F58 with this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0146EB8EM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_zj9MEbWB5BGP5

After some researching I see that F58 is for the heated passenger seat.

Couple questions:
1) I don't have the heated seats, why is there a fuse there?
2) Can I just run a hot lead to the postive post on my battery with an inline fuse from my local autoparts store?
3) If I do tap my fuse box with the part above, can't I tap pretty much any "always on"circuit?

Thanks
Joe, provided you fuse appropriately for the positive wire leading from the aftermarket headlight kit, why not simply hook into the terminals of the battery?

I'll define fuse appropriately here as determining the amp draw of the aftermarket headlight kit, selecting the proper gauge wire for the distance and amp load, and fusing for no more than the wires can safely handle.