Navigation wrong state

RodneyTSU10

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2018 Mercedes GLC, 2018 Ford Expidition
My navigation has me in another state. Has anyone else experience this? It’s been like this for a month and half.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RodneyTSU10

RodneyTSU10

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In how many sections are you going to ask this question?
Just trying to get it figured out. Didn’t realize there was a limit!!

Ntegtmeyer

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2014 Jeep Patriot Oscar Mike Edition, 2012 Jeep Compass Limited
Just trying to get it figured out. Didn’t realize there was a limit!!
When you go to punch in an address does it lists the wrong state? Or when you view your map your vehicle icon is in the wrong state?

OP
OP
RodneyTSU10

RodneyTSU10

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When you go to punch in an address does it lists the wrong state? Or when you view your map your vehicle icon is in the wrong state?
Shows me in Mississippi and when I go to Type in address shows Mississippi as well.

Sponsored

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
I had a similar problem even though I don't have the 8.4 (7.0 here). Though I was only off by about 150 miles rather than another state. Dealer did a GPS recalibration and it's been fine ever since. There's also some threads listing a TSB for similar troubles. Should be an easy fix by the dealer.

Ntegtmeyer

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2014 Jeep Patriot Oscar Mike Edition, 2012 Jeep Compass Limited
Shows me in Mississippi and when I go to Type in address shows Mississippi as well.
Ok, when you go and type in an address, click on where it says Mississippi and that should allow you to chance the state. Not sure if that’ll help though with it showing you’re in a different state on the map though, my guess would be probably not

OP
OP
RodneyTSU10

RodneyTSU10

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had a similar problem even though I don't have the 8.4 (7.0 here). Though I was only off by about 150 miles rather than another state. Dealer did a GPS recalibration and it's been fine ever since. There's also some threads listing a TSB for similar troubles. Should be an easy fix by the dealer.
Dealer said they tried all the updates. There was nothing on their end they could do.

OP
OP
RodneyTSU10

RodneyTSU10

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, when you go and type in an address, click on where it says Mississippi and that should allow you to chance the state. Not sure if that’ll help though with it showing you’re in a different state on the map though, my guess would be probably not
I have but it’s starting me in Mississippi on my route.

Sponsored

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer said they tried all the updates. There was nothing on their end they could do.
Find a different dealer. I'd also connect with @JeepCares for their assistance. The GPS is locating wrong and the dealer refuses to help? What a crock.

Good luck!

OP
OP
RodneyTSU10

RodneyTSU10

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Find a different dealer. I'd also connect with @JeepCares for their assistance. The GPS is locating wrong and the dealer refuses to help? What a crock.

Good luck!
Thank you! I have reached out to jeep cares. They are working on it, the dealer just wants to replace the whole radio. But who knows when that will be.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Try searching the forum. I remember last spring some were being delivered that were showing that the Jeep was still in Toledo, but I don’t remember the outcome. Your problem might be similar.

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you! I have reached out to jeep cares. They are working on it, the dealer just wants to replace the whole radio. But who knows when that will be.
That's a bit different than saying the dealer said there's nothing they can do to help. Doesn't sound like a totally unreasonable approach, especially if they've tried all the easier resolutions.
Sponsored