First Name
Maximus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 4xe Rubicon X (Anvil)
Occupation
Creative Director
I plan on visiting my local Jeep dealership tomorrow and placing the following order:
Rubicon 4xe (JLXS74)
- Rubicon X Package (29Y)
- Sky One-Touch (STJ)
- WARN Winch (XE5)
- MOPAR All-Weather Floor Mats (CWA)
- MOPAR Hinge Gate Reinforcement (XDB)
- MOPAR Performance Satin Black Grill (MFD)
- Anvil Clear Coat (PDS)

The 4xe will serve as my daily driver and I will use it to tow a 2,800lbs. off-road trailer for camping/overlanding. I’m really looking forward to using the Jeep 4xe Power Box to power the trailer while boon docking.

After driving the 4xe for a while in stock form, I’ll probably lift it just a bit and switch to 35” tires.

Would be interested in hearing what others 2024 4xe orders look like and how they‘ll be using their new 4xe.
Sponsored

BigMaCro

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 4xe Rubicon, 2004 WJ
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Carhauler
Vehicle Showcase
The Rubicon X package looks pretty comprehensive, that's about all I'd order. even without that, the standard rubi 4xe comes with many goodies, like the tow package/aux switches.

I'm interested how the factory winch is installed/wired. It's not a completely terrible price, considering the price of adding the winch mounting plate to the steel bumper that comes with the X package. I'd still rather have a better winch like the zeon 10s rather than the M8000 though.

BigMaCro

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Carhauler
Vehicle Showcase
it's too bad the factory Black Vinyl Flooring (Armorlite) isn't available for the 4xe - it seems Jeep isn't buying the rear section that is different due to the 4xe's different rear seat. I really like that, but you can install it yourself after the fact.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I plan on visiting my local Jeep dealership tomorrow and placing the following order:
Rubicon 4xe (JLXS74)
- Rubicon X Package (29Y)
- Sky One-Touch (STJ)
- WARN Winch (XE5)
- MOPAR All-Weather Floor Mats (CWA)
- MOPAR Hinge Gate Reinforcement (XDB)
- MOPAR Performance Satin Black Grill (MFD)
- Anvil Clear Coat (PDS)

The 4xe will serve as my daily driver and I will use it to tow a 2,800lbs. off-road trailer for camping/overlanding. I’m really looking forward to using the Jeep 4xe Power Box to power the trailer while boon docking.

After driving the 4xe for a while in stock form, I’ll probably lift it just a bit and switch to 35” tires.

Would be interested in hearing what others 2024 4xe orders look like and how they‘ll be using their new 4xe.
Doesn't the X package comes with 35s? Is pricing out now for the 24s?

wreck99

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon, 2019 RAM 1500 Bighorn
Clubs

Doesn't the X package comes with 35s? Is pricing out now for the 24s?
Pricing is available now. I think the 35s come with the X package if you get an automatic per the pricing sheet. The manual for some reason can't get the 35s if I read it right which seems silly.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MaximusW

MaximusW

First Name
Maximus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Creative Director
Unfortunately, the Rubicon X package for the 4xe doesn’t come with 35s.
I’m assuming that they’re doing that to try to get as much electric range as possible.

Last edited:

BigMaCro

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Carhauler
Vehicle Showcase
The Rubicon X is basically a preferred equipment group that includes most options. On the standard Rubicon, it includes the Xtreme 35 inch tire option, but 35 inch tires are not available on the 4xe.

So you can get the Rubicon X package on the 4xe, but it doesn't come with 35s.

The order guide here lists all this but it can be difficult to understand. For example it might look like many options aren't available on the 4xe, but that's because they are listed in the standard equipment section.

pyrodave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue 4xE
So i'm in weird limbo of figuring out what i want in a 24, I'm definitely going for a 4xE, i have a 2021 High Alt with most the options, a lot of that now comes standard, which is fine price wise. a 2023 equivalent was 70k to my 63k 2021. BUT i want hard top not SOT and Hydro Blue, both aren't options on the 2024 guide for the HA 4xE. So that essentially means i gotta build up a Sahara with features, BUT i can't get off road cam or limited slip rear as options on the Sahara. Well a Rubicon X (29Y) has basically everything i need, it'll be a bit more but its not crazy cause i swap steel bumpers anyway onto my High Alt, and it comes with everything i want.

I know the drive of a Rubicon is a bit harsher than the Sahara due to gearing, i do plenty of pavement driving which is why i opted Sahara(High Alt), but i do also trail and plan to beach/overland generally, i don't NEED a rubicon, but will i be disappointed on pavement/highways with the rubicon when i'm used to a sahara? Thats essentially where i'm at with ordering

OP
OP
MaximusW

MaximusW

First Name
Maximus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Creative Director
So i'm in weird limbo of figuring out what i want in a 24, I'm definitely going for a 4xE, i have a 2021 High Alt with most the options, a lot of that now comes standard, which is fine price wise. a 2023 equivalent was 70k to my 63k 2021. BUT i want hard top not SOT and Hydro Blue, both aren't options on the 2024 guide for the HA 4xE. So that essentially means i gotta build up a Sahara with features, BUT i can't get off road cam or limited slip rear as options on the Sahara. Well a Rubicon X (29Y) has basically everything i need, it'll be a bit more but its not crazy cause i swap steel bumpers anyway onto my High Alt, and it comes with everything i want.

I know the drive of a Rubicon is a bit harsher than the Sahara due to gearing, i do plenty of pavement driving which is why i opted Sahara(High Alt), but i do also trail and plan to beach/overland generally, i don't NEED a rubicon, but will i be disappointed on pavement/highways with the rubicon when i'm used to a sahara? Thats essentially where i'm at with ordering
I feel for you. Like you, the 4xe will be my daily driver. I've decided that I would rather sacrifice some on-road ride quality for more capability/confidence off-road.
Also like you, I want the hard top for its improved sound dampening and trouble-free longevity.
If you haven't already done so, I'd suggest test driving or better yet, renting (turo.com) a Rubicon to determine how big a factor the ride difference is for you. Good luck!

BrianUNC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Anvil 4XE
Good looking build - I don't think you can get Anvil with the one-touch roof (graphite either). Super weird restriction according to the build sheets.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MaximusW

MaximusW

First Name
Maximus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Creative Director
Good looking build - I don't think you can get Anvil with the one-touch roof (graphite either). Super weird restriction according to the build sheets.
Thanks. You're right, the inability to get the SOT with those colors is a very strange restriction 🤔 Thankfully, I had changed my mind regarding the SOT before finalizing the order.

Chief56

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
The Rubicon X is basically a preferred equipment group that includes most options. On the standard Rubicon, it includes the Xtreme 35 inch tire option, but 35 inch tires are not available on the 4xe.

So you can get the Rubicon X package on the 4xe, but it doesn't come with 35s.

The order guide here lists all this but it can be difficult to understand. For example it might look like many options aren't available on the 4xe, but that's because they are listed in the standard equipment section.

Chief56

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
hey i want to order a 2024 Rubicon X but with the 35"tires it's about 2" to tall for my garage as it won't clear the opener unit. Can you get the X model without 35" tires?

OP
OP
MaximusW

MaximusW

First Name
Maximus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Creative Director
hey i want to order a 2024 Rubicon X but with the 35"tires it's about 2" to tall for my garage as it won't clear the opener unit. Can you get the X model without 35" tires?
If you’re purchasing a 4xe with the Rubicon X package the tires will be 33”, not 35”.

For a non-4xe, I’d be surprised if they would allow you to do that. Maybe your dealer could speak with their Jeep rep to see if it’s possible.
Of course, you could always swap to 33” tires and sell the 35” tires. Good luck.

Rental01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLURXe (Bikini!)
In talking with my dealer (we're picking colors on our 4xe Rubicon X order now), the Rubicon X itself comes with what it comes with and you can't swap things out. You can, however, add items, but only bolt on things. There is no way to order the 35's upgrade with the 4xe.
Sponsored