MazMob

First Name
Maziar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Hello everyone,

I bought my first Jeep (JLUR) with manual transmission a few months back and it has 2400 miles on it currently.

The jeep was parked and I applied some pressure with my hand on the drag link and I noticed a small movement and clicking sound at the ends, it seems like it needs to be tightened up . I wanted to ask you if that is normal? my tie rod is tight with no movement at all. Let me know what you think...

Thanks,
Maziar
Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Hello everyone,

I bought my first Jeep (JLUR) with manual transmission a few months back and it has 2400 miles on it currently.

The jeep was parked and I applied some pressure with my hand on the drag link and I noticed a small movement and clicking sound at the ends, it seems like it needs to be tightened up . I wanted to ask you if that is normal? my tie rod is tight with no movement at all. Let me know what you think...

Thanks,
Maziar
When you move the drag link, do you notice the pitman arm moving? If yes, then it could be due to play in the steering box.

It wouldn’t hurt to check the torque on the drag link bolts.

OP
OP
MazMob

MazMob

First Name
Maziar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
When you move the drag link, do you notice the pitman arm moving? If yes, then it could be due to play in the steering box.

It wouldn’t hurt to check the torque on the drag link bolts.
I just checked it seems like the joints are moving, the pitman arm is fixes. I'll check the torque also

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
I just checked it seems like the joints are moving, the pitman arm is fixes. I'll check the torque also
Well this is interesting and could be an additional cause of all the reports of steering wandering and dead spot in the steering wheel. Do you exhibit any of those symptoms?

You should post in one of the many steering threads. You might be on to something.

nh4x4jeep

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
@MazMob - Hi Maziar! I noticed the same thing in my Jeep and wondered the same thing! I posted a video of mine at the following link:
Drag Link Loose?

Did you ever find an answer to your question?
Do you (did you) have loose steering, wandering, or death wobble?

~ Jon

Sponsored

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
@MazMob - Hi Maziar! I noticed the same thing in my Jeep and wondered the same thing! I posted a video of mine at the following link:
Drag Link Loose?

Did you ever find an answer to your question?
Do you (did you) have loose steering, wandering, or death wobble?

~ Jon
Very interested here. I have the popping at the Pitman arm link/joint. Thinking bad drag links from factory?

Last edited:

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Very interested here. I have the popping at the Pitman arm link/joint. Thinking bad drag links from factory?
Update, i replaced my drag link with synergy's link and the stock unit was sloppy and loose at the axle end at 5,000 miles. Drives better but still dialing in.

@CBEUnion

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU, 18 JL, 21 JL
I have the same issue but not going to bother trying to get any help from Mopar. Ordered a replacement/ upgrade from Metalcloak.
Sponsored