Sponsored

Mounting 5th Wheel and Camera

zoepup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
Happy Monday everyone. I am sure this has been discussed somewhere but I never focused on it and now can't find.

The new wheels and tires (Fuel x 35 ) are bring mounted today. The Installer suggests taking the 5th center cap of the Fuels and cutting a nice hole in center and then mounting camera through that. The alternative would be leaving the center cap off for a less finished look but not having the hole.

I see no reason NOT to cut the center cap, thus having a cleaner install. I can vaguely remember people doing the same. Thoughts?

TIA!
Sponsored

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
I have fuel wheel, and just leave the cap off, it's doesn't bother me aesthetics wise.

If I ever have to change the spare, it's one less obstacle (removing the screws holding on the center cap), to deal with.

OP
OP
zoepup

zoepup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
Nice Jeep Timm. Those were the first wheels I was going with. They look awesome on black.

What front bumper is that?

yell03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport
I have fuel wheel, and just leave the cap off, it's doesn't bother me aesthetics wise.

If I ever have to change the spare, it's one less obstacle (removing the screws holding on the center cap), to deal with.
I have Fuel Mavericks and also just leave the cap off, looks fine

Sponsored

Srob206

First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Here is mine, sorry it’s been rain here for a few days.

B489A0A7-23DF-46BA-8C4B-65DA008CEF4C.jpeg
Did you have to do any modification to the factory plastic lock that fits over the camera? Just recently put on the Fuel Strokes and haven't been able to get that piece back on..

JohninSC

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Did you have to do any modification to the factory plastic lock that fits over the camera? Just recently put on the Fuel Strokes and haven't been able to get that piece back on..
No I didn't, It fits fine. I just did a tire rotation and I had no issues removing or putting it back on.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
it's gonna be a huge pain to try and get your spare mounted with a hole cut in the cap. It's hard enough to get a heavy wheel/tire combo on there with plenty of room.

OP
OP
zoepup

zoepup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
In the end he did not cut the hole. Here is a pic of how it looks. We need to replace the lugs with black ones

Rear Tire.jpg
Sponsored