Sponsored

Motobilt Round Tail Light Conversion Kit

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
https://motobilt.com/collections/jeep-jl-jlu/products/round-tail-light-conversion-kit-for-jeep-jl

Came across these today, I have been looking for something similar since I got my JL in 2018. I have the incandescent tail lights so no worries about sensors, and really like how tight they are to to body staying away from branches.

Has anyone installed this on their JL? Is so whats your thoughts?

Does anyone know anyone else that makes something similar? I saw next venture is planning on something but seen nothing more than words.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I broke one of my driver rear incandescent light and found a used replaement online for $65. I've been hoping some vendor would see the light and come up with something. However, this Motobilt isn't working for me. Looks back yard DIY and price is way too much IMO.
Yeah agree on the look is diyish but most of these metal box replacement housings are going to be like that, ie trailer lights. The tub shape and lack structure behind the the taillight is was makes it really hard to make something that looks really good and is functionally strong. The one thing I did not like that motobilt has done in their design is to include the 2 mounting plate styles i think in doing so they had to make compromises that gave it an odd shape, also the photos they are doing clear coat metal to make it pop out but i dont think is makes it attractive.

I ended up pulling the trigger on these last night so we will see, and post up how it turns out

KansasJL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah agree on the look is diyish but most of these metal box replacement housings are going to be like that, ie trailer lights. The tub shape and lack structure behind the the taillight is was makes it really hard to make something that looks really good and is functionally strong. The one thing I did not like that motobilt has done in their design is to include the 2 mounting plate styles i think in doing so they had to make compromises that gave it an odd shape, also the photos they are doing clear coat metal to make it pop out but i dont think is makes it attractive.

I ended up pulling the trigger on these last night so we will see, and post up how it turns out
Any update on these?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
https://motobilt.com/collections/jeep-jl-jlu/products/round-tail-light-conversion-kit-for-jeep-jl

Came across these today, I have been looking for something similar since I got my JL in 2018. I have the incandescent tail lights so no worries about sensors, and really like how tight they are to to body staying away from branches.

Has anyone installed this on their JL? Is so whats your thoughts?

Does anyone know anyone else that makes something similar? I saw next venture is planning on something but seen nothing more than words.
Here's the Next Venture Motorsports aluminum parts in the flesh.

OP
OP

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any update on these?
Did an install write up, very happy with it still
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/motobilt-tail-light-kit-installed.58466/

Here's the Next Venture Motorsports aluminum parts in the flesh.
https://nextventuremotorsports.com/products/jl-flush-led-tail-lamp-housings

There look nice only thing I don't like about theirs is the light is a 5x3 which I cannot find one that has a backup light with tail and stop so you have to keep that in mind if you don't already have aux backup lights

Sponsored

KansasJL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! Much appreciated. Just found out about these

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I'll be purchasing these. Ripped my tailights off around 5 times since I bought my JL, damn NY/CT trails are so tight!!!
Sponsored