Sponsored

More JLU pics finally (with Interior)

wtwisejr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU
Not a fan of the handles on the A-Pillar. Also don't like the fact that tail lights are more integrated into the body, however slight. I like the apparently spacious wheel well/fender flare.
Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
There are no redwoods on the rubicon trail at least there were none when I traversed it on a jeep jamboree. They are further south, south of kings canyon and the redwood trees are in coastal northern cal.
Well, I didnā€™t say on the trail itself I just said the area, although I donā€™t doubt there are non-giant Sequoia (still redwoods) spinkled in, in areas like Cadillac Hill among the Firs, Lodgepole pines, Cedars etc. However Big Trees Grove which has some of the Giant Redwoods is only about 10 miles NorthWest of the Rubicon trailhead, so I would call that in ā€˜the areaā€™.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/tahoe/recarea/?recid=56002

Iā€™ve skied Tahoe a lot over the years (almost done the clock of the lake, just didnā€™t have time for Diamond and Sierra in the same trip) and have been on the Rubicon as a passenger from both ends (still need to drive my own rig down via the PCH sometime to tackle it firsthand), and while there are bigger groves and taller/bigger Redwoods, they are up there too, and a bunch of plain sequoia sprinkled around also, even lakeside and on the hills like Heavenly.

As for the rest, Iā€™ll leave it at: thatā€™s my info on it.
Instead of being ā€˜grumpyā€™ and trying to debate the point, Iā€™ll leave it at... knowing that the name of the river predates Juliusā€™ crossing it and the term that action created, Iā€™ll ask you;
What is the origin of the name of the river itself that started it all?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I do want to know the origin of the name of that river, but back to topic...we need more interior pics! Have all the test mules been parked, or will they keep them running, now that (I assume) production has started?

Sponsored

Matt The Hammer

First Name
Fake Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR and YJ
Occupation
Engineer
Making that open and accessible to more of the unwashed makes it more likely ā€˜captain fixitā€™ is gonna Fā€™ it up and make matters worse.
As opposed to most people simply google searching it and finding a plethora of stories from hack who think they had similar issues and what they did? While you know what you're doing - most people don't. Yet they'll post away (or worse, make YouTube videos) what they think the issue is. Then people read it and have a go at it... It's bad.

I think if the owner is told what exactly the issue is (rather than guessing, etc.) they could then figure out a good way to handle it. If you read something like 'spark plug failure cylinder 5. Please contact your local FCA service department.' - I think it would be better for the owner of the vehicle. At least you know what you're in for.

Rolling in with a bland 'check engine' light on, then having to pay the $100 at the dealership to tell you what the issue is, then having to pay to address the issue... could be a heck of a surprise.

That's how I see it helping.

Those inclined to repair it will seek the means to read it and address it regardless if it says 'check engine' or exactly what the issue is.

BBgun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU, 2004 Ram 2500
Occupation
sales
Hopefully this is a "frankenjeep"....not digging the red dash with the white exterior, nor do I care for the non-LED fender lights. :puke:
Those fender lights match the ones on the cover of the leaked 2018 jl owners manual

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Ugh....those interior colors look horrible....I would like to see some other versions.
This is absolutely awful!
I'm not a fan of the beige coloring either, but a good portion of those interior shots are 3D renders as well. Those front shots of the base dash definitely are.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
That's how I see it helping.
Ok, just for the sake of argument, Iā€™ll grant you that.

Now what is FCAā€™s motivation to provide it when no one else does?

Yes, they lead the charge in making it easily available to find the codes, and even provided code lists online themselves.

But providing a detailed description isnā€™t going to stop the internet searches, and also isnā€™t going to keep those who donā€™t know where to find it now from taking this new ā€˜never before available to themā€™ info and doing that same wonky search result diagnostics, if anything it will increase that.

Currently people who know how to find the info & use it can ; people who donā€™t (and probably shouldnā€™t) just go visit the dealer when the CEL illuminates, to FCA and the dealerā€™s benefit. The motivation to change this strategy for the few who know it exists but donā€™t know how to get/use it just doesnā€™t seem like a plus for FCA.

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
These interior pictures are really just a nightmare. You would think that after increasing the price significantly, theyā€™d be giving us a higher quality product. Nope.
Look at all that plastic on the sports bar/pillars. I would much prefer the sleeve over this..

DFE3E38E-7910-47B8-B902-00851548CC88.jpeg
You realize the interior has to cope with the elements right? Are you expecting full leather interior?!? These pics are somewhat low resolution so hard to determine how nice (or not) the plastic is but I won't expect a gaudy Benz interior.

As for the LEDs...I figured it would be a option not standard. The non-LEDs are hard to look at.
Sponsored