Mopar Soft Top Window Storage Bag Help

Mari_Soula

First Name
Mari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 4 door Soft top
So I bought my window storage bag and I can't get it to fit. I bought the 4 door one, because I have a 4 door but I can't get it to fit because of the wheel wells. So I have to put it upside down so that the bottom corners are at the top and then fit. Anyone else have this problem or am I just a moron?
Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Try..... after putting windows in the bag, curling the outer left and right sides to sit behind the seat! (while windows are in bag) that is what I do and I have the two door!

Tiger1

First Name
Tiger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, 2016 BMW 435

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Have used the bag as shown by Tiger1 with no issues of windows getting soft or damaged.

ETA:
Disclaimer: This was stated as personal opinion and is not representative of any or all JLs not in my possession or control at the time of this post. Your mileage may vary.

Last edited:

Sponsored

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Have used the bag as shown by Tiger1 with no issues of windows getting soft or damaged.
So because it has not happened to you (YET) means it is not possible or true? There are many post on this forum and others where forum members have experienced this issue and in some cases damaged windows. It has been discussed numerous times.

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Sorry to have used a trigger word or something.

I stated " Have used the bag as shown by Tiger1 with no issues of windows getting soft or damaged."
Did not say that you were full of crap and it was a stupid comment or that there was no evidence, etc. My statement was one of personal experience. I am sure it has happened to others - why would you lie - but this was based, again on my personal experience.

I edited my original post.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Sorry to have used a trigger word or something.

I stated " Have used the bag as shown by Tiger1 with no issues of windows getting soft or damaged."
Did not say that you were full of crap and it was a stupid comment or that there was no evidence, etc. My statement was one of personal experience. I am sure it has happened to others - why would you lie - but this was based, again on my personal experience.

I edited my original post.
Thank you for the clarification. For more clarity the issue I was mirroring was the bags like Mopar that stand up if in the sun with the op off the bag will heat up and the clear plastic windows become very soft in that black bag. Since they lose their rigidity the sage in the bag and potentially crease or lose shape. Those were the complaints that have been posted I was referring to. it is not the bag but the function of standing up which the bag was designed for.

OP
OP

Mari_Soula

First Name
Mari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Mopar bag is garbage and impractical. The stand up method is very problematic as on hot days the window plastic gets soft and they sag in the back potentially damaging them.

Here is the best solution at only $50 and fits like a glove laying down in the back

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...f-mopar-and-more-fuctional.17482/#post-427480
So where do you store the bar? I agree the stand up isn't practical because melty sun buttttt my dog hangs out in the cargo area with his seatbelt so I can't lay it flat or he'll definitely ruin them

Swagger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Leave the bar attached to the back as normal. The rear door keeps it in place when closed.

Sponsored

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Yea, you can keep the bar attached. Just curl the edges like someone else said. The bag isn't garbage, it works totally fine. I've had it pretty much as long as it's been out, 80 degree days, 90+ degree days, and I've never had a problem with the sagging or whatever.

OP
OP

Mari_Soula

First Name
Mari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea, you can keep the bar attached. Just curl the edges like someone else said. The bag isn't garbage, it works totally fine. I've had it pretty much as long as it's been out, 80 degree days, 90+ degree days, and I've never had a problem with the sagging or whatever.
I was mainly asking lightsout about the bar with that specific bag.

OP
OP

Mari_Soula

First Name
Mari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks everyone! I did get it to fit by curling it in, I was hesitant because I didn't want to bend them in anyway but that worked!
Sponsored