Mopar Light brackets installed

JASPER

First Name
Wayolife Sucks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon and 2014 JK 2dr
looks like a nice funnel for wind noise, theres enough of that already.. nope but good luck

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
I want to mount an antenna for a county fire department radio. I can't find a simple bracket to do this as the bolt pattern changed from the JK to the JL. Would this bracket be high enough to get the wire under it and out to the car? Look too clunky?
www.ruggedradios.com

Sponsored

Dubeau9005

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, 2010 GMC Sierra 1500
Installed the Mopar light brackets with some KC Led lights today. I can tell you the Green thicker aux wire is aux 2.
IMG_0178.JPG
IMG_0183.JPG

There is a ground lug convenient to the aux wires too.
IMG_0182.JPG
Do you have to drill a hole in the body to bring the wire up to the lights or it there a pre-existing hope you can use? Can’t really tell in your picture where the wire goes.

OP
OP
Qwknbad

Qwknbad

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Telecom
Do you have to drill a hole in the body to bring the wire up to the lights or it there a pre-existing hope you can use? Can’t really tell in your picture where the wire goes.
No holes drilled. I just popped off the little corner hood pieces. You have to take the bolts out anyways to put on the brackets. Under the hood they have a cutout in the foam for the wires, so it goes under the hood seal also.

safety_glasses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I want to mount an antenna for a county fire department radio. I can't find a simple bracket to do this as the bolt pattern changed from the JK to the JL. Would this bracket be high enough to get the wire under it and out to the car? Look too clunky?
I know it's been a while, but to answer your question yes there is enough room. I bought the Mopar light mounts for this reason, to mount my 2m/70cm NMO antenna to it by drilling out one hole. I know there is definitely enough room to mount an antenna and run the coax either under or behind the mount. I chose a different location though, you can see my thread here if you're curious https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/ham-radio-install-w-pics.9490/#post-243195

KBCowboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q7
I know it's been a while, but to answer your question yes there is enough room. I bought the Mopar light mounts for this reason, to mount my 2m/70cm NMO antenna to it by drilling out one hole. I know there is definitely enough room to mount an antenna and run the coax either under or behind the mount. I chose a different location though, you can see my thread here if you're curious https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/ham-radio-install-w-pics.9490/#post-243195
I checked out the link.......it was quite helpful, thank you. I decided on a different bracket setup - I'll use the tailgate door hinge bolts to mount a bracket for the antenna. What I did see in all this is that it will be easy to mount a bracket to hold the remote head for my Motorola county radio. All in all, I really appreciated all the comments, they were quite helpful.

BTW, I used to be quite active in HAM radio..........did a lot of DX chasing on 10 meters and worked with the county disaster services. I'm originally from Cincinnati, Ohio, and was N8NGA.

CBurrr23

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I was pleasantly surprised when I picked my brackets up today but I guess if you order these from now on you get the updated version which is slimmed down and has lightening holes!

B15F3E3A-8478-43C4-939D-E9E3F13DC89A.jpeg

CA2D7CC1-168A-408C-93DF-7BA8F48CB201.jpeg