Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler MOAB
Vehicle Showcase
1504AB74-04FC-4E92-AB50-58164C5EFBF1.jpeg
E64504FC-5383-43FF-AB0E-844C211E28B6.jpeg
DB2B7879-F033-4BF9-B5C2-AFB3A066A0DB.jpeg
I know there are a few threads on this but this is a new issue.
I have had the Mopar lift since February 2019 on a 2018 JLUR.
The spring have always looked like they bow slightly. I noticed last weekend while hitting a trail that the left front spring is now rubbing on the bump stop and making noise.

I took the Jeep to Auto Nation Jeep Broadway Denver, who I have been to about six times for warranty work and they have not completely fixed any issue.
The dealer called me and said we have review all bulletins and the bowing is normal. Even the fact that it is now rubbing again the bump stop is NORMAL.
any advice is welcome.
I was told the same thing. That the bowing and rubbing is normal. The crazy part is that there is only one spring bowing and rubbing. When I drive over any kind of dip in the road at even 10mph it sounds like I am bottoming out. The dealership will not replace it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
303rider

303rider

First Name
Soleil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I was told the same thing. That the bowing and rubbing is normal. The crazy part is that there is only one spring bowing and rubbing. When I drive over any kind of dip in the road at even 10mph it sounds like I am bottoming out. The dealership will not replace it.
The Rock Crawler spring isolators will help BUT this lift should have come with an adjustable track bar.
Measure how far shifted your front axle is.

ThatFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler MOAB
Vehicle Showcase
The Rock Crawler spring isolators will help BUT this lift should have come with an adjustable track bar.
Measure how far shifted your front axle is.
I actually added a new track bar because the Front end was so out of wack. Another thing the dealer assured me I would not need to do with a 2 inch lift. Then when I upgraded to 35 inch tires I put on a new track bar to get the axle centered.
I am definitely going to look into the RK isolators. Thanks for the advice!

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Lift was just installed on the front of my JLR along with adj. track bar and RK spring pads. No bowing issues with the coil springs.

Last edited:

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
It is definitely a mix of the isolators and lack of adjustable trackbar.

I had the kit installed with RK Isolators, adjustable trackbar, and geometry brackets. Springs look good, jeep drives great.

20190907_173514.jpg

20190907_173549.jpg
Sponsored