Mopar 2 inch Lift Spring "Bow" Explanation

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I actually couldn't be happier with the Mopar springs. They ride phenomenal.

The spring perches help at a bit to correct bowing but I think a lot of the issue is due to not including an adjustable track bar.

I installed a track bar with my kit and the springs are straight.
Which brand adjustable track bar did you buy and that helped the springs from bowing I wonder how ? What size tires are you running also
Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Which brand adjustable track bar did you buy and that helped the springs from bowing I wonder how ? What size tires are you running also
I had a Skyjacker track bar left over from a kit that I installed where the person went with a different steering set up. Bar works fine. If the axle is off center it can cause bowling.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I had a Skyjacker track bar left over from a kit that I installed where the person went with a different steering set up. Bar works fine. If the axle is off center it can cause bowling.
I was talking to someone what might help with my pulling to the right they said was get the geometry correction brackets. when you put those on it will give you a lots of castor more than a track bar what do you think ?

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I was talking to someone what might help with my pulling to the right they said was get the geometry correction brackets. when you put those on it will give you a lots of castor more than a track bar what do you think ?
A track bar won't do anything for caster, but it will center your front axle.

I added geometry brackets in addition to the longer arms that come with the kit. I used the center hole. Ended up with 6.8° of caster. Above spec but handles great.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
A track bar won't do anything for caster, but it will center your front axle.

I added geometry brackets in addition to the longer arms that come with the kit. I used the center hole. Ended up with 6.8° of caster. Above spec but handles great.
The Mopar 2-inch lift was supposed to make it where everything drives straight because it came with control arms but not adjustable just longer. With the 37 1250 tires it drove great I rotated tires all around there still new with the Cooper SST Pro 37 1350 won't let it drive straight and we rotate all options air pressure it's cuz they're wider I was told that's why I'm thinking go ahead and do the geometry correction brackets.my buddy has some teraflex control arms that are adjustable but they're half an inch longer then what I have now but the caster will be the same on both sides so someone said before you put that on just do the brackets and see how that works or would you do both at the same time

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
The Mopar 2-inch lift was supposed to make it where everything drives straight because it came with control arms but not adjustable just longer. With the 37 1250 tires it drove great I rotated tires all around there still new with the Cooper SST Pro 37 1350 won't let it drive straight and we rotate all options air pressure it's cuz they're wider I was told that's why I'm thinking go ahead and do the geometry correction brackets.my buddy has some teraflex control arms that are adjustable but they're half an inch longer then what I have now but the caster will be the same on both sides so someone said before you put that on just do the brackets and see how that works or would you do both at the same time
The issue may be your tires. Check the tire section. There is a thread about the STT Pros pulling hard to the right. One member ended up getting a refund for them.

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
I haven’t noticed any bowing on my Mopar springs but now I’ll watch out for it...that said it’s been 7 months and 14,800km now with no issues.
Presumably if the issue crops up later I can simply change the springs for a different brand. Meanwhile, the ride and handling are great so I’m pretty happy with the kit.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
The issue may be your tires. Check the tire section. There is a thread about the STT Pros pulling hard to the right. One member ended up getting a refund for them.
we have rotated the tires all different ways. We also changed the air pressure even made it lower on the left and we can't stop it to pull to the right. Do you know where that thread was about the tires ? Everyone said because it's 13.50 wide tires but the trend like you said could be the problem. Friend gave me some free teraflex control arms that are fix but they're half a inch longer than I have now. you think I'm wasting my time putting them on? Teraflex said it would give me one degree or a little more of caster by being a half inch longer and they can help. what do you think should I put them on ? Even though it gives me more caster if it's the same on both sides is that going to fix anything ? I thought the caster had to be different on both sides. Maybe I'm wrong I'm not a mechanic does the caster have to be different on both control arms or can it be the same ?

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
we have rotated the tires all different ways. We also changed the air pressure even made it lower on the left and we can't stop it to pull to the right. Do you know where that thread was about the tires ? Everyone said because it's 13.50 wide tires but the trend like you said could be the problem. Friend gave me some free teraflex control arms that are fix but they're half a inch longer than I have now. you think I'm wasting my time putting them on? Teraflex said it would give me one degree or a little more of caster by being a half inch longer and they can help. what do you think should I put them on ? Even though it gives me more caster if it's the same on both sides is that going to fix anything ? I thought the caster had to be different on both sides. Maybe I'm wrong I'm not a mechanic does the caster have to be different on both control arms or can it be the same ?

If caster is even on both sides it will mostly likely still pull, unless one side is way off now.
Sponsored