Mopar Lift Kit - Shock hits spring perch when flexed

reldausa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR Billet Silver
I have a Mopar lift kit enhanced with Spring correction pads, geometry correction brackets and adjustable track bars. Everything else installed is what comes with the kit.
I noticed that when fully flexed, the shock hits part of the spring and the pad.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Lift Kit - Shock hits spring perch when flexed Screenshot 2022-11-09 at 2.49.26 PM

In this image you can see when fully flexed, the bottom part of the shock is making contact with the spring and it has actually detached the bottom sleeve of the shock.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Lift Kit - Shock hits spring perch when flexed IMG_8582

In this image you can see the part of the spring perch where the shock makes contact:

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Lift Kit - Shock hits spring perch when flexed Screenshot 2022-11-09 at 2.49.13 PM

And in this image you can see the damage that is causing to the shock body:

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Lift Kit - Shock hits spring perch when flexed Screenshot 2022-11-09 at 2.49.01 PM

Any suggestions as how to fix? Do I need longer bump stops? Please help!

Thanks
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Is it just the picture, or are your frame LCA bolts off center of the bushings?

D6F43647-97E8-4EAA-898A-B020314BA15E.jpeg

OP
OP
reldausa

reldausa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR Billet Silver
Is it just the picture, or are your frame LCA bolts off center of the bushings?
Remember its fully flexed so it must be the angle the picture was taken

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Mopar lift kit enhanced with Spring correction pads, geometry correction brackets and adjustable track bars. Everything else installed is what comes with the kit.
I noticed that when fully flexed, the shock hits part of the spring and the pad.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Lift Kit - Shock hits spring perch when flexed D6F43647-97E8-4EAA-898A-B020314BA15E

In this image you can see when fully flexed, the bottom part of the shock is making contact with the spring and it has actually detached the bottom sleeve of the shock.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Lift Kit - Shock hits spring perch when flexed D6F43647-97E8-4EAA-898A-B020314BA15E

In this image you can see the part of the spring perch where the shock makes contact:

And in this image you can see the damage that is causing to the shock body:

Any suggestions as how to fix? Do I need longer bump stops? Please help!

Thanks
I used the EVO outboard brackets instead of the MC because I’m using longer shocks and didn’t want to sacrifice up travel……The MC relocates up 1-1/2” and out, and the EVO just pushes it out……Looking at your shock at full stuff, if you use the MC bracket, you’ll need to add bump stop to avoid over compressing your shock…. Here’s pic of the EVO brackets……..
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Lift Kit - Shock hits spring perch when flexed 10CD6FC4-9E2D-4AB1-ADAF-E63A963749F3
Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Lift Kit - Shock hits spring perch when flexed 6C011CB6-3DF4-4CC5-B90E-6DCCA3C764CD

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Just a thought, 1 hole up on the UCAs may be enough to keep them from rotating the top of the axle so far back.

OP
OP
reldausa

reldausa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR Billet Silver
I used the EVO outboard brackets instead of the MC because I’m using longer shocks and didn’t want to sacrifice up travel……The MC relocates up 1-1/2” and out, and the EVO just pushes it out……Looking at your shock at full stuff, if you use the MC bracket, you’ll need to add bump stop to avoid over compressing your shock…. Here’s pic of the EVO brackets……..
Thanks so much!!! I will take a look at them.

OP
OP
reldausa

reldausa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR Billet Silver
Just a thought, 1 hole up on the UCAs may be enough to keep them from rotating the top of the axle so far back.
Thanks so much, will check it out also
Sponsored