Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
Was at the dealership yesterday and was checking out a Jeep in the showroom and it had the Mopar 2” lift on it.. the shocks look thicker (larger diameter) then the fox 2.0 ifp shocks I have in my Jeep. Was wondering if anyone knew anything about the specs on the fox shocks for the Mopar lift.. are they better than the fix shocks you buy if you go with another brand lift?
Sponsored

Jerrybizzle

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Tech
2.5 inch body. Doubt they’re better than fox 2.0’s. The 2.0s may even be valved softer than the 2.5s.

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Can't say if they are valved different but they are shorter than a normal over the counter 2-3" lift Fox 2.0. This is why the MOPAR lift does not need a front driveshaft and most 2.5" lifts do.

AccuTunedJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Better? Sure compared to a 2.0 IFP shock, but not by much at all. Aside from diameter size they are almost identical. Not much of an upgrade if thats something you were interesting in doing.

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
Hey Mike
Have you had a chance to see the Mojave 2.5 remote bypass shocks yet? How do they stack against the Fox 2.5 or 3.0 bypass.

Sponsored

cjmdwyer

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 2.0 sting gray
I contacted fox and asked about the Mojave shocks for my rubicon. They said the ones on Mojave were closest to the 2.5 factory race series with remote reservoir, but the aftermarket ones are adjustable for high and low speed travel. The Mojave also has the hydraulic bump stops, which you can buy as well. Seriously considering it all...

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You will have to forgive me as my shock knowledge not expert level.
Looking at the race series or performance elite, in 2.5 it is not a bypass shock. Only the 3.0 gets the internal bypass.
Can the DSC adjusters be added to Mopar fox 2.5 internal bypass shocks?
I got a list of questions, stock fox vs fox

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
How much are the Mopar 2.5 versus just calling Accutune and getting Fox valved for the weight of your rig? Just saying.

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you buying new, your miles ahead calling Accutune. Had a set of their 2.0 LSC's, good stuff.
My question is how does the Mopar 2.5 get internal bypass shock and from fox you have to jump up 3.0?
I can see fox makes a 2.5 bypass, just not for the JL's.

AccuTunedJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Internal bypass shocks are very different than a standard remote reservoir shock or external bypass shock. When you start throwing around the question of "which one is better?" it really depends on a wide variety of things and become overly complicated. For 90% of the Jeepers, bypass shocks are not needed. A properly tuned 2.0 or 2.5 shock will do great.

A 2.5 IBP shock, has a 2.0" internal shock body and actually has the same piston size as a 2.0 shock. For a 3.0 IBP, it has a 2.5" internal shock body. For an IBP, you really want the largest size possible. The Mojave has 2.5" IBP shocks.

This video really helps explain how an IBP works:
Sponsored