First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Why would you want fake bead lock?
I’ll bite...the wheels come with simulated beadlock rings, so I’m running them for the time being. I want to go with actual beadlocks at some point down the road and I like a wheel that has that capability - I don’t want to have to buy wheels again when I’m ready. The simulated rings also provide protection from the actual wheel getting rock rash. I’d rather have the rings take the abuse than the wheel itself.

OP
OP
nle

nle

First Name
Nov
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I’ll bite...the wheels come with simulated beadlock rings, so I’m running them for the time being. I want to go with actual beadlocks at some point down the road and I like a wheel that has that capability - I don’t want to have to buy wheels again when I’m ready. The simulated rings also provide protection from the actual wheel getting rock rash. I’d rather have the rings take the abuse than the wheel itself.
:like: Exactly. Additionally, if you want these as true beadlocks, you still have to order the wheels... which by default comes with the beauty rings... and then order the non-DOT rings separately.

Has anyone ordered and successfully ran the non-AB wheels on their JL's without the need of a spacer or hub converter?

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
:like: Exactly. Additionally, if you want these as true beadlocks, you still have to order the wheels... which by default comes with the beauty rings... and then order the non-DOT rings separately.

Has anyone ordered and successfully ran the non-AB wheels on their JL's without the need of a spacer or hub converter?
That’s what I’ve got - according to MoparAmerica. No spacers. No converter.

3401C635-1322-4EE8-8BF0-93A9D3280A60.jpeg

Sponsored

DickZip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl Rubicon
I have to say, I have the Mopar wheels, I since ordered the true bead lock rings. I dismounted one of my tires and could not get the tire bead to sit down in the grove, worked at it for over a hour. FYI, I have done this many times in the past. Anyone had this problem, any suggestions? I have 37x12.5x17 Milestar Patagonia’s at the time I tried to set them up they had 10 miles on them.

jdhunt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
Does anyone happen to have the weight of the Mopar Slotted Offroad wheel? P/N 77072494AB

mopar-77072494ab.jpg

Bun707

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
I just got my hands on one of the wheels and they are actually 37.4 lbs with the ring and screws installed. I have a picture of the scale when taking them (see attached). I saw so many conflicting reports of weight on these things I had to buy one to test it out before buying the rest of the set!

The ring by itself is 3.3 lbs.

So it's not a very manageable 34 lbs, but it's also not that 41 lbs I've also seen. Somewhere in the middle which makes the decision harder if I should try to pick something lighter. Problem is I do not want a negative offset and the tires poking out very far. I'm running 33's 285/70R17 tires. Not many choices that match my tastes and look similar to this wheel with a printable ring. Most have a -12mm offset.

The next best choices I like (like the Method Grid in titanium but 0mm offset) come in around 32lbs so a savings over over 5 lbs per wheel. Hmm.

Bonus Fact: The replacement screws are Mopar Part 06511068AA and run about $1.29ea. I saw someone elsewhere saying they were hard to find but the packet in the box had the part number on it.

Mopar beadlock weight (Medium) (1).jpg

Remmy

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon, 2017 F250 6.7, 2018 Expedition
I also weighed a Mopar Beadlock wheel without the ring and it was approximately 34 lbs. 37-38 lbs is about right for a true beadlock nothing abnormal there.

I ran the beauty rings for about 6 months and they took a beating but at least protected the wheel. Running the beadlock rings now. So far so good and I prefer the look. I also added 1.5" spacers to help with clearance and to provide a more aggressive stance.

So far I guess I'm pretty happy with them.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Beadlock Weight and Spec Questions A7BD0D37-F05B-4C80-B93C-60003E1A6511.JPG

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
OP, did you ever decide? I'm contemplating similar things to you.
Based on not wanting too aggressive offset, and trying to keep weight down, I'm conflicted between MOPAR Simulated beadlocks (+12, 36-37lbs), AEV Borah's(+25, 33-34lbs), and a couple KMC options (+17, 32-33lbs). I like the MOPAR's the best, but I am worried about marginal increases to the spare on the tailgate. I already have a 315/70 which comes in at 71.5 lbs. Add an aftermarket wheel and looking between 105-110lbs.

Sponsored

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I just got my hands on one of the wheels and they are actually 37.4 lbs with the ring and screws installed. I have a picture of the scale when taking them (see attached). I saw so many conflicting reports of weight on these things I had to buy one to test it out before buying the rest of the set!

The ring by itself is 3.3 lbs.

So it's not a very manageable 34 lbs, but it's also not that 41 lbs I've also seen. Somewhere in the middle which makes the decision harder if I should try to pick something lighter. Problem is I do not want a negative offset and the tires poking out very far. I'm running 33's 285/70R17 tires. Not many choices that match my tastes and look similar to this wheel with a printable ring. Most have a -12mm offset.

The next best choices I like (like the Method Grid in titanium but 0mm offset) come in around 32lbs so a savings over over 5 lbs per wheel. Hmm.

Bonus Fact: The replacement screws are Mopar Part 06511068AA and run about $1.29ea. I saw someone elsewhere saying they were hard to find but the packet in the box had the part number on it.

Jeep Wrangler JL Mopar Beadlock Weight and Spec Questions A7BD0D37-F05B-4C80-B93C-60003E1A6511.JPG
Which wheel did you end up going with? I think this wheel with a lighter 285 tire would still be not as bad

Bun707

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
Which wheel did you end up going with? I think this wheel with a lighter 285 tire would still be not as bad
Happily running the Mopar Simulated Beadlocks for sometime now. The added weight really wasn't an issue I've noticed too much.
Sponsored