Sponsored

MOPAR accessories

Muddog17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only the JL 2 door Sport S - what more do I need!
Occupation
Self emplyed
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Hugh, I got the soft top from Chullora (Sydney). I spoke to Daniel in the parts area. He was helpful. He even helped put the soft top in the jeep. The box it came in was bigger than the cargo area so we had shove it in the cargo area then stand it up.

OP
OP
COKENOGOOD

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
Hello Hugh, I got the soft top from Chullora (Sydney). I spoke to Daniel in the parts area. He was helpful. He even helped put the soft top in the jeep. The box it came in was bigger than the cargo area so we had shove it in the cargo area then stand it up.
Thanks. Heartland Jeep, right?

Muddog17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self emplyed
Vehicle Showcase
Yes Hugh, it is heartland. I brought my Jeep from Tynan's at Kirrawee, but I am not impressed by their customer service. As I mentioned earlier their parts area didn't pick up in over 7 minutes. Good luck.

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
I had Jeep install a tow bar on my JL. Jeep did so and moved the number plate up over the spare.

I would like to find a way to move the number plate back to where it was. The idea is to have the number plate on a hinge so it can be hinged up or down when the tow bar is on or off as the case may be.

Sponsored

OP
OP
COKENOGOOD

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
I had Jeep install a tow bar on my JL. Jeep did so and moved the number plate up over the spare.

I would like to find a way to move the number plate back to where it was. The idea is to have the number plate on a hinge so it can be hinged up or down when the tow bar is on or off as the case may be.
Or If I can get the rubicon rear steel bumper from Jeep, the plate can be place at the left side?

OP
OP
COKENOGOOD

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
Yes Hugh, it is heartland. I brought my Jeep from Tynan's at Kirrawee, but I am not impressed by their customer service. As I mentioned earlier their parts area didn't pick up in over 7 minutes. Good luck.
I found Daniel in heartland. Good news is he can order the lock for me.. bad news is he said the price shown online is incorrect. It’s $645 (no fitting cost) rather than $429..
I was considering because $429 is a bit high but acceptable...not over $500.

OP
OP
COKENOGOOD

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
Have another confirmation from Daniel, "Jeep dont make steel bumpers for any of the JL modles"...
Does this mean Jeep AU does not sell steel bumpers?

Muddog17

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self emplyed
Vehicle Showcase
Wow that's pricey for the lock. I am wondering if you can complain to the ACCC for false advertising. Maybe you should threaten that and see if they will play ball.
Why do you want the lock. is it for piece of mind? I owned a TJ for over 10 years and drove all over Sydney as part of my job. It would be left out the front of houses for over 1 hour. I never had any issues. Maybe you can try eBay or Amazon for like products.

I didn't see any metal bars of the Jeep accessories page so I suppose they don't.
I am partial to the smittybilt bars. You can buy these in Australia from www.doubleblackoffroad.com in Vic. I am waiting to actually see the ARB Bondi bar before making a final decision. Hopefully this will be soon.

Anyway good luck with it all. Give me a way if you see me on the road!

Sponsored

OP
OP
COKENOGOOD

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
:like:
Wow that's pricey for the lock. I am wondering if you can complain to the ACCC for false advertising. Maybe you should threaten that and see if they will play ball.
Why do you want the lock. is it for piece of mind? I owned a TJ for over 10 years and drove all over Sydney as part of my job. It would be left out the front of houses for over 1 hour. I never had any issues. Maybe you can try eBay or Amazon for like products.

I didn't see any metal bars of the Jeep accessories page so I suppose they don't.
I am partial to the smittybilt bars. You can buy these in Australia from www.doubleblackoffroad.com in Vic. I am waiting to actually see the ARB Bondi bar before making a final decision. Hopefully this will be soon.

Anyway good luck with it all. Give me a way if you see me on the road!
:like:Of course..

ye, just for piece of mind..
For bumper, because I asked a dealer at Miranda years ago about 10th anniversary bumper for JK, they said they can order it through their system. That’s why I think maybe they can do the same for JL.

OP
OP
COKENOGOOD

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
You could just order it from BOLT directly... I believe it will be the same. https://www.boltlock.com/locks/jeep-hood-lock/jl-hood-lock-7032303

Of course, that might not be available either...

81b65d13e3ae9b71732fbfedd1d1f9ff1fcf3fe02ade941c4686b5be151e844d.jpg
You could just order it from BOLT directly... I believe it will be the same. https://www.boltlock.com/locks/jeep-hood-lock/jl-hood-lock-7032303

Of course, that might not be available either...

81b65d13e3ae9b71732fbfedd1d1f9ff1fcf3fe02ade941c4686b5be151e844d.jpg
I knew this one. Did you order from them directly?

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon Diesel, Hella Yella
The BOLT lock is much cheaper, but then it doesn't matter as no one seems to be able to say when they will be available.
I have had mine on order with BOLT Australia since June and I am still waiting. Despite a number of calls, I still have no ETA on supply.

With the way, some of the accessories are dragging the chain, I am starting to wonder if FCA hasn't something to do with it.

OP
OP
COKENOGOOD

COKENOGOOD

First Name
Hugh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Black
The BOLT lock is much cheaper, but then it doesn't matter as no one seems to be able to say when they will be available.
I have had mine on order with BOLT Australia since June and I am still waiting. Despite a number of calls, I still have no ETA on supply.

With the way, some of the accessories are dragging the chain, I am starting to wonder if FCA hasn't something to do with it.
As same as ARB? Why FCA wants to do that?

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
I’ve had my JLUR in the U.K. since February and I’ve learnt that FCA, their dealerships and Mopar have no interest in supplying accessories to us. The European Mopar site lists virtually nothing and we can’t access the US site’s listings, I guess that will be the same for you guys.

There are plenty of aftermarket suppliers in the US who are happy to ship internationally and I’ve had no problems buying from them.
Sponsored