Monitoring Emissions Equipment

TomahawkChop

First Name
Jerid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR
I found this video from a Ram Eco-Diesel owner about using a Scan Gauge II to monitor the vehicles emissions equipment among other sensors. Wondering if anyone here is using one or is monitoring it another way? Wondering if it's really worth it?

Sponsored

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
Several members are using them. IMO it is worth it, but having said that, some of the PIDS do not report.

I have a torque pro that I have been meaning to plug in and check for functionality, but I haven't gotten around to it.

The dedicated monitor of the scangauge is easier to deal with vs the Bluetooth stuff. Bluetooth connectivity isn't always seamless and the scangauge is.

My .02

Jeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD 06 Corvette. 16 FLTRU
Occupation
Lighthouse Keeper, Retired Electrical Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Scangauge II. I got it so I could learn more about the regen cycle. It works well.

xgauge.JPG

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
That's my video. I can say that the Scan Gauge II works great and I like that it has memory. I recently unplugged it for two weeks while my EcoDiesel was in the shop and when I finally got the truck back and plugged it up again, all my settings and gauges were still there for me. Cool.

OP
OP
TomahawkChop

TomahawkChop

First Name
Jerid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUR
That's my video. I can say that the Scan Gauge II works great and I like that it has memory. I recently unplugged it for two weeks while my EcoDiesel was in the shop and when I finally got the truck back and plugged it up again, all my settings and gauges were still there for me. Cool.
Wow! It's a small internet lol. Appreciate the feedback!
Sponsored