Monache Meadow Trail

ResqFE

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
Has anyone done this trail and camped? Looking at going the first weekend in May (snow pending) and suggestions are appreciate. Open invite to anyone interested in going, let me know. Friday to Sunday.
Sponsored

FulThrotl

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Has anyone done this trail and camped? Looking at going the first weekend in May (snow pending) and suggestions are appreciate. Open invite to anyone interested in going, let me know. Friday to Sunday.
if you have not been up there, pulling a trailer up there requires a trip up 9 mile canyon. it's paved now. way back when, was dirt. it's freaking steep. last time i way up there was 2 years ago, and my total vehicle weight was 15,000, van and trailer. a 6.0 diesel with a tune, was pegged in first gear to get up it at about 12 mph at the top. i've seen people with fifth wheels stall out on the last two miles of it.

at the top of the grade, there is a general store. the cheeseburgers are very good.

troy meadows is as good a campground as you'll find up there.

Jeffinstl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
if you have not been up there, pulling a trailer up there requires a trip up 9 mile canyon. it's paved now. way back when, was dirt. it's freaking steep. last time i way up there was 2 years ago, and my total vehicle weight was 15,000, van and trailer. a 6.0 diesel with a tune, was pegged in first gear to get up it at about 12 mph at the top. i've seen people with fifth wheels stall out on the last two miles of it.

at the top of the grade, there is a general store. the cheeseburgers are very good.

troy meadows is as good a campground as you'll find up there.
You mean there’s no more washboard dirt road? Next thing you’ll tell me is they installed gaurd rails too! Please tell me the rusted car hull is still visible down in the canyon. Man I miss those trails up there.

OP
OP
ResqFE

ResqFE

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
Its been a few years since I passed through there and like the area. Never been back to Monache Meadow. Hope its open.

FulThrotl

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
You mean there’s no more washboard dirt road? Next thing you’ll tell me is they installed gaurd rails too! Please tell me the rusted car hull is still visible down in the canyon. Man I miss those trails up there.
don't troll... you've been up there.... ;-)

yeah, there are guardrails, and the cars are still down in the canyon.
i think there were 8 or 9 of them.

i went up there after a 25 year gap, with a new dirt bike. a lot of stuff had
changed, and gotten pretty hammered.

Sponsored

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
check at black rock station if the Jeep trail is open. we aim at hitting it memorial day weekend. we have been goin annually till last year, it wasnt open yet.

OP
OP
ResqFE

ResqFE

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
We are going to try to get up there this coming weekend, but we have a back up plan too. We plan on calling ahead.

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
Hit Monache this weekend to explorer and to fish. Beautiful drive and caught a few trout.

nice! we got a couple goldens too, we were all the way at the end, i didnt see you pass thru.

Sponsored

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase