Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
I’m finally getting some significant mods done. I traded in my built 2018 Sport for this 2021 Rubicon in July. I replaced the rock rails a month or so ago, and had my new bumper and winch installed today. I have a 2.5” JKS lift on-order which should be delivered in 6-8 weeks, so hopefully by Christmas that will be installed. Two 7” pod lights, for the bull bar, are being delivered today. About all that’s left is adding a hitch receiver and wire harness. It’s coming along!

DEB12ADF-626C-49B4-AE00-9A29A204C78D.jpeg
Sponsored

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
Nicely done and looks great! Are those the factory fog lights in the bumper?

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Nicely done and looks great! Are those the factory fog lights in the bumper?
Thank you sir. Those are the factory lights but aftermarket LED bulbs.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
Wondering why you swapped the rock rails? What tire are you going to run with the 2.5" lift?

OP
OP
Wabujitsu

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Wondering why you swapped the rock rails? What tire are you going to run with the 2.5" lift?
I swapped the rock rails because I didn’t want pinch-seam-mounted rails, and I needed a set that incorporates a step for my vertically-challenged wife. 😉 Also, the rails I installed are more appropriate for Florida off-roading. The new rails have already proved their worth while going over and through obstacles at the Ocala Hard Rock Off Road Park. Because they extend out from the side of my Jeep, they protected it from body damage in a few instances. I’ve already had to hit one of them with spray paint 🤣

I’m sticking with the 33” Falken MTs until I wear them out, then going to 35’s. The Falkens have proved to be excellent off-road, even at street pressure. I know it will look like I skipped “leg day,” but I don’t care. On my last Jeep I initially had 33s under a 3.5” lift, and I fully flexed them out off-road with only a fraction of an inch before rubbing. I’m more about function over form.
Sponsored