Sponsored

@MetalCloak Customer Service

Aonar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubi and Snazzy 2021 JLURD
I suspect there's a theme/story behind just about every mod ever done.

Here's mine: CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Item: JL Wrangler Crawler "Narrow Width" Rear Bumper, BPC

I was missing 2 spacers necessary for the install, and I called the Company at 1:54 PM yesterday (1-18-22) to see if I might have missed something. They looked up my bumper plans and agreed that I needed the parts. Without me even asking, they stated that they would next-day-air the parts to me. I told them that I would look through the packing material again to make sure I didn't just overlook them and call them back. I left a message and had my call returned at 3:21 PM. They again stated that they would overnight them to me. They arrived today (1-19-22)!

Of course, I could rave about the tight tolerances, the quality materials and the BETTER-THAN-STOCK design, but I knew about all that before I ordered. What I didn't know was that @Metalcloak truly cares about their customers. Since this is my daily driver, I needed to get this bumper switch done during my 2 days off. Things might have gotten interesting from a logistical standpoint if I needed to figure out a different way to get to work.

BTW, this was not the first hint at their superior customer service. After placing my original order, I got a call from MC. It was basically just a meet & greet call and a thank you for my order.

I want to officially thank @Metalcloak for their superior customer service. THANK YOU!

I am posting this mini review here as well as the 3 JP Club FB pages/groups to which I belong. (Sorry about poor picture quality. This was late and light was fading...and damn was it cold to be doing a bumper swap!).
Jeep Wrangler JL @MetalCloak Customer Service 1642640272659
Sponsored

BruceA78

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR 6-Speed
Good deal, I love Metalcloak customer service too! They have called me and left a message on pretty much every order I have placed to thank me for the order and to give me an ETA on when it will ship/arrive and everything has been delivered before that ETA!

music293

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
Clubs

I run the MC Game Changer 3.5", and agree with this sentiment. Glad to hear that this has been your experience as well.

OP
OP
Aonar

Aonar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubi and Snazzy 2021 JLURD
An IMPORTANT add-on which should be noted regarding my MC bumper swap.

I had read in some posts that when you switch bumpers you might run into a snag with your spare tire hitting the top edge of the bumper, not allowing the tire to fully contact the rubber tire bump stops on the tailgate. If this happens you could get excess movement of the spare when hitting bumps, placing a tremendous amount of strain on the gates sheet metal and hinges.

I did not think I had to worry about this because I have stock 33's. I was wrong. In a way this is a good thing though because I should have a much-improved departure angle with this bumper.

The fix was EASY! I only had white on hand but will sub these out for black tomorrow. At least this way you can easily see what might be difficult to describe. (Read about this on here as well!)

-The stock bump stop on the gate is hollow where the tire rests against it.
-Using the proper sized "cane or chair leg cap" I inserted the hollow end of the cap into the hollow end of the stop, using a tiny bit of grease.
-I tapped them in as far as they would go, reseated the spare on the bolts and was barely able to begin to hand tighten the lug nuts (meaning that the length of the cane cap was too long at the moment).
-Next I began to tighten each of the 3 nuts in an alternating pattern until all 3 were snugged down tightly. This helped to force the cane caps further into the stock bump stop.

Problem solved! I will fairly often re-check the tightness of the nuts to make sure they do not loosen over time.
Jeep Wrangler JL @MetalCloak Customer Service 1642715866875

Sponsored

3TV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 392
I have found the same thing with Metalcloak. In my book they earn 4 Attaboy's on a scale of 1 - 4

micahpop

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Looks like Metalcloak is the "gold" standard for customer service. :like:
Sponsored