Sponsored

Metal Cloak 6 pack

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP WRANGLER JL
Does anyone have the Metal cloak 6 pack? How is road comfort and off road? Some of these YouTube videos throw me off so I figured I can get an honest opinion on here. I plan on running 37”s and want a 2.5 or 3.5 lift.
Sponsored

Toniagp

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S 3.0 EcoDiesel
Vehicle Showcase
Are you interested too?
Yes. Girlfriend has JLU with Mopar lift, it works great... but I know someone running the 3.5 Game Changer and it does articulate a good amount more(he is running fox shocks on it as well)but hard to go with those 6packs for their price...

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Does anyone have the Metal cloak 6 pack? How is road comfort and off road? Some of these YouTube videos throw me off so I figured I can get an honest opinion on here. I plan on running 37”s and want a 2.5 or 3.5 lift.
I’m kicking around the idea of running some 6 paks to get some first hand knowledge of them. The rocksports are great and we love the ride of them already. What part of town are you in? We install almost exclusively Metalcloak and will do a RK every once in a while.

What are you plans for the build?

Brett

Sponsored

OP
OP
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP WRANGLER JL
I’m kicking around the idea of running some 6 paks to get some first hand knowledge of them. The rocksports are great and we love the ride of them already. What part of town are you in? We install almost exclusively Metalcloak and will do a RK every once in a while.

What are you plans for the build?

Brett
I live in Texas. I think I may go with them to get some knowledge as well. I’m 100% new to the Jeep community so I won’t have any idea if it’s worth it or not. My
Main thing is a smooth street ride with excellent articulation.

OP
OP
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP WRANGLER JL
Yes. Girlfriend has JLU with Mopar lift, it works great... but I know someone running the 3.5 Game Changer and it does articulate a good amount more(he is running fox shocks on it as well)but hard to go with those 6packs for their price...
Thank you. I may contact them and try to get a deal and pull the trigger.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
The MC 3.5 GC lift is at the top of my list. The 6-packs carry quite a premium.

I emailed them about timing for the 3.0 expecting different front springs would be needed for the added weight. They responded that they're thinking the 4.5 in. springs will do it and don't expect much delay once they get their hands on a 3.0.

OP
OP
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP WRANGLER JL
The MC 3.5 GC lift is at the top of my list. The 6-packs carry quite a premium.

I emailed them about timing for the 3.0 expecting different front springs would be needed for the added weight. They responded that they're thinking the 4.5 in. springs will do it and don't expect much delay once they get their hands on a 3.0.
So are you saying that with the 37” tires you recommend the 4.5 front springs? Sorry I’m new to this so I’m trying to understand your lingo here.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I live in Texas. I think I may go with them to get some knowledge as well. I’m 100% new to the Jeep community so I won’t have any idea if it’s worth it or not. My
Main thing is a smooth street ride with excellent articulation.
What part of Houston? We’re north west of there. There’s tons of other great shock options at the price point too that are a little less maintenance intensive.

Brett

Sponsored

Toniagp

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S 3.0 EcoDiesel
Vehicle Showcase
So are you saying that with the 37” tires you recommend the 4.5 front springs? Sorry I’m new to this so I’m trying to understand your lingo here.
I think he is saying that he has ordered the 3.0 EcoDiesel(which is heavier than either the 3.6 or 2.0) and will need a heavier spring in the front for the extra weight... and that MetalCloak has it figured out with a 4.5” spring

OP
OP
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP WRANGLER JL
I think he is saying that he has ordered the 3.0 EcoDiesel(which is heavier than either the 3.6 or 2.0) and will need a heavier spring in the front for the extra weight... and that MetalCloak has it figured out with a 4.5” spring
Oh good deal! I don’t know if I want to go with the diesel just because of the added cost.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clear lake. Why is Metal Cloak maintenance intensive?
The 6 paks have much more moving parts, more seals and require recharging and rebuilding vs toss and replace. If you ever get up near us, I’ll take you for a ride in my Jeep with rocksports and my wife’s RK x-factor with radflo resi shocks. Both are 19 JLURs

Brett

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
One of the guys I hit the trails with runs the 3.5 kit the the 6 packs. They seem to work well and he's had no problems with them. They are a clever setup to get a shorter shock package to get more travel.
Sponsored