Sponsored

Metal Cloak or Synergy?

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully, this has not been asked more than a few hundred times :). While I am not considering installing a lift kit or larger tires (yet), I do want to start upgrading the steering and some suspension components. I installed a MC FAD skid plate today along with a Fox 2.0 stabilizer.

While I was under it, I looked at the OEM stuff and I am less than impressed with the crimped ends of all of the components. I also noted that my drag link had noticeable vertical play in it--first question is that normal? It was not a huge amount, but I could move it. Note that I do not have death wobble, it tracks straight, and only has 11,000 miles on it.

Next question, I am seriously considering upgrading the drag link, the tie rod bar, and the trackbar. I like the MC stuff, but was curious as to what others are using?

Last question, am I safe in assuming that if I were to install (say MC) drag link, the tie rod bar, and the trackbar that I would not be wasting my investment if I do later add a lift kit?

Thanks in advance for the thoughts and information!
Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Hopefully, this has not been asked more than a few hundred times :). While I am not considering installing a lift kit or larger tires (yet), I do want to start upgrading the steering and some suspension components. I installed a MC FAD skid plate today along with a Fox 2.0 stabilizer.

While I was under it, I looked at the OEM stuff and I am less than impressed with the crimped ends of all of the components. I also noted that my drag link had noticeable vertical play in it--first question is that normal? It was not a huge amount, but I could move it. Note that I do not have death wobble, it tracks straight, and only has 11,000 miles on it.

Next question, I am seriously considering upgrading the drag link, the tie rod bar, and the trackbar. I like the MC stuff, but was curious as to what others are using?

Last question, am I safe in assuming that if I were to install (say MC) drag link, the tie rod bar, and the trackbar that I would not be wasting my investment if I do later add a lift kit?

Thanks in advance for the thoughts and information!
For the steering I'd go with Synergy. Those 3 items you point out will be compatible with a future lift kit.

You also have SteerSmarts as a good option a lot of guys run for steering.

The MC parts are new, and not seen a lot of reviews yet. MC stuff is solid so I expect them to be a good choice as well.

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
You most likeLy can’t go wrong with metalcloak or synergy steering components, and definitely I personally have synergy because I like the double adjuster design and no jamb nuts.

I am putting the synergy stuff to the test and it’s holding up great.

no upgrading these components now is not a waste of investment. You don’t have to buy full lift kits, you can piece it all together as you wish.
Sponsored