Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I will be in the UP Sept 23-Sept29 or 30th depending on where we end up and how far we have to drive to get home.. The UP is beautiful this time of the year.
Sponsored

OP
OP

nU7OuxIx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, YJ, Impreza
I will be in the UP Sept 23-Sept29 or 30th depending on where we end up and how far we have to drive to get home.. The UP is beautiful this time of the year.
We're going to the UP on 10/2 and 10/3....and quite possibly a few more days, if we can get a dogsitter at home. I've never been up there before, but have always wanted to do one of those fall rides. This year, I can finally do this, as my JLU is much larger than my YJ. I couldn't imagine bringing everything up plus my family in a YJ.

DarkAardvark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ, 2021 JLR
Hey! I'm in Michigan's pinky for a little while.

Do you need any type of permit or whatever to use the forest roads and such? Or do you need to run with a flag up front, or is that only required at silver lake? I'm not sure how Michigan works

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Hey! I'm in Michigan's pinky for a little while.

Do you need any type of permit or whatever to use the forest roads and such? Or do you need to run with a flag up front, or is that only required at silver lake? I'm not sure how Michigan works
You do not need a special permit. You do not need a flag. You do need to have a licensed vehicle as they are legal roads.

Sponsored

DarkAardvark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ, 2021 JLR
I found a nice road and went ahead and got myself stuck. Luckily I was able to winch myself out. Yeah I'm loving Michigan so far haha

Thanks for your help and the tips! :D

PXL_20210922_212431360.jpg

PXL_20210922_213043282.jpg

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
I always say if the water/mud hole is smooth going in and out, you will be fine, If it rutted up going in or out, stop and check it out before entering....

Nice Jeep, by the way.

DarkAardvark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ, 2021 JLR
I always say if the water/mud hole is smooth going in and out, you will be fine, If it rutted up going in or out, stop and check it out before entering....

Nice Jeep, by the way.
Thanks! Yeah that's a good tip. The whole mud pit was like a slimy marshmallow. The front skid went in and got completely stuck
Sponsored